Proposal: Kadri + for Trouba (extended)

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I guess you could say the same about Nylander. :D
We don't know his contract demands & the Leafs have been trying to sign him since @ least July 1. Heck, they might have been trying to extend him since the previous July when he was eligible to do so. Maybe his ask is too much in dollars or term. It could even be he's trying to force a trade since he is obviously willing to lose money by sitting out until he gets what he wants.
@ least he hasn't signed in Europe (yet) but that's wise as it would give the Leafs a chance to put him on the defected player list & tack on a year before he becomes UFA.
I'm not sure but he might be able to recoup some $s by signing in the KHL after Dec. 1 when he is no longer eligible to play in the NHL this season.
Since he's a high profile player getting lots of coverage due to a GTA based hockey media we wait with bated breath for 1 of Dubas or Bylander's agent to blink. :sarcasm: If it's Dubas it makes Shanahan's talk of players taking less ring even hollower.

Nylander has 5 years of RFA left. What about Trouba?

Zach Hoglund

Jan 12, 2012
Lol Troubas not worth the effort nor the price. Only once in 5yrs played over 65 games. Only once in his 5yr NHL career has managed more than 30 total points. In fact, in back to back seasons, Kadri has posted 32goals. Thats 1 total point less than Trouba has managed in his best ever NHL season. Not to mention that, from a Leafs perspective, Kadri is one of the only players that has a bit of jam out there on the ice.

Kadri gives the Leafs enviable depth down the middle, at a great cap hit. Trouba might stub his toe tomorrow and still shoot for top dollar after missing a quarter season. The Leafs might still be dealing with Nylander this time next year all the while doling out to Matthews, Marner and Gardiner. Hard pass on your eventual headache.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Lol Troubas not worth the effort nor the price. Only once in 5yrs played over 65 games. Only once in his 5yr NHL career has managed more than 30 total points. In fact, in back to back seasons, Kadri has posted 32goals. Thats 1 total point less than Trouba has managed in his best ever NHL season. Not to mention that, from a Leafs perspective, Kadri is one of the only players that has a bit of jam out there on the ice.

Kadri gives the Leafs enviable depth down the middle, at a great cap hit. Trouba might stub his toe tomorrow and still shoot for top dollar after missing a quarter season. The Leafs might still be dealing with Nylander this time next year all the while doling out to Matthews, Marner and Gardiner. Hard pass on your eventual headache.
Lol. The Jets have no need for Kadri and Kadri doesn't have the value to pull down a young, top pairing RHD.

No matter how much you wish it were otherwise, the Leafs have no chance of landing Trouba.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Trouba would be the best Dman on your team

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba for Kadri as per the OP is a terrible deal for the Jets.

Any deal without a signed Trouba would never happen, too high risk for the Leafs. Any deal with a signed Trouba is a bad deal for the Jets if the main piece is Kadri.

I like Kadri, but never at the cost of a signed Trouba. Leafs cannot trade Kadri without getting a 3C back in the deal......they literally have no one to play 3C if Kadri is traded.

Zach Hoglund

Jan 12, 2012
No matter how much you wish it were otherwise, the Leafs have no chance of landing Trouba.

I don’t wish it at all, and really have no idea what made you think that? Trouba is two letters and a contract away from spelling trouble.

Mar 26, 2010
Awful for the Leafs. Trading a consistent 30 + goal scoring, shut down C for Trouba who is going to bolt from Winnipeg anyway after this season.

No thanks.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Awful for the Leafs. Trading a consistent 30 + goal scoring, shut down C for Trouba who is going to bolt from Winnipeg anyway after this season.

No thanks.

Just a point of clarification......Trouba is a RFA after this season......he might be traded next summer.......but he sure isn't bolting anywhere.

Sure is! Kadri is the #1 C on many teams in the NHL.

Many team teams in the NHL? Define many please, a list would be idea.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Mar 26, 2010
Just a point of clarification......Trouba is a RFA after this season......he might be traded next summer.......but he sure isn't bolting anywhere.

Many team teams in the NHL? Define many please, a list would be idea.
Trouba has NO intentions of staying in Winnipeg. That has been made very public. That relates to bolting.

List of teams:

Montreal
Ottawa
Vancouver

That is for starters.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba has NO intentions of staying in Winnipeg. That has been made very public. That relates to bolting.

List of teams:

Montreal
Ottawa
Vancouver

That is for starters.
3 teams isn't even close to "many"... keep trying and let us know when you have a list that has "many teams" on it.

Mar 26, 2010
3 teams isn't even close to "many"... keep trying and let us know when you have a list that has "many teams" on it.
Back to back 32 goal seasons, while shutting down other teams best players. Very valuable commodity. Say what you like.

Some teams don’t even have a #1 C that scores 30 goals.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

List of teams:

Montreal
Ottawa
Vancouver

That is for starters.

I'm not debating Trouba's likely intentions.....just correcting you on the fact he cannot bolt anywhere this summer unless it's the KHL.

Three teams? That's not many.

Nucks is debatable this year.

Habs & Sens I agree......but then again Bryan Little could be their two way 1C debatably (Habs without doubt, Sens maybe). Kadri is a nice player......but let's pump the brakes on calling him a 1C on "many teams".

Reactions: Snowman

Mar 26, 2010
I'm not debating Trouba's likely intentions.....just correcting you on the fact he cannot bolt anywhere this summer unless it's the KHL.

Three teams? That's not many.

Nucks is debatable this year.

Habs & Sens I agree......but then again Bryan Little could be their two way 1C debatably (Habs without doubt, Sens maybe). Kadri is a nice player......but let's pump the brakes on calling him a 1C on "many teams".
Ok. I will give you that. A “few” teams... he is on a great contract $4.5 AAV. Very cap friendly for that tier of work.

Trouba is a solid D man. I never said he was not. Just the fact that he has made his intentions clear that he wants to play for an American team. Would he improve Toronto’s D.... Absolutely. The problem is, he won’t stay.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Ok. I will give you that. A “few” teams... he is on a great contract $4.5 AAV. Very cap friendly for that tier of work.

Trouba is a solid D man. I never said he was not. Just the fact that he has made his intentions clear that he wants to play for an American team. Would he improve Toronto’s D.... Absolutely. The problem is, he won’t stay.

Agree with all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad