Proposal: Kadri + for Trouba (extended)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Why would Trouba extend for less than 7 years, and less than $7 Million? Someone will pay him that. Someone in the US.
lol, O M G. thats not what was asked. The O P clearly put forth a situation. That's it don't bring other crap, even though its valid into the story.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
lol, O M G. thats not what was asked. The O P clearly put forth a situation. That's it don't bring other crap, even though its valid into the story.

Yeah the OP is nonsense. I mean we could talk about trades where a player signs for less than market and for shorter terms but that is a waste of time. Moreso than regular trade proposals on here.

Reactions: Confucius

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Who cares if the O P put forth a situation, Bottom line it's not realistic Trouba wants far more then what the O P is suggesting. No way Trouba would sign for 5 x 6 with the Leafs when he wants far more from the Jets. If Trouba signs for anywhere other then Winnipeg at the very least it's probably 7 x 6.5 if not more close to the Cam Fowler deal.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Who cares if the O P put forth a situation, Bottom line it's not realistic Trouba wants far more then what the O P is suggesting. No way Trouba would sign for 5 x 6 with the Leafs when he wants far more from the Jets. If Trouba signs for anywhere other then Winnipeg at the very least it's probably 7 x 6.5 if not more close to the Cam Fowler deal.
alright, you guys want to try and make it realistic. I get it.

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and answer his Question.
trouba extended for 5 years at 6 million per he proposed Kadri plus. I countered hell for that situation Id give you Willie. I thought that would be fair. Others may think differently.

Its all a time wasting hobby..

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
alright, you guys want to try and make it realistic. I get it.

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and answer his Question.
trouba extended for 5 years at 6 million per he proposed Kadri plus. I countered hell for that situation Id give you Willie. I thought that would be fair. Others may think differently.

Its all a time wasting hobby..
Like i stated before doubt Trouba signs anywhere for less then 7 x 7 if not slightly more, With the Nylander, Marner and Matthews signings. Unless Nylander is moved i doubt the Leafs can afford Trouba.

Reactions: Confucius

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Leafs have no one in the system or on the team to replace Kadri. He isn't available

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Extended Trouba has more value than Kadri but without a followup move, we're basically trading Gardiner + Kadri for Trouba. Leafs are in a delicate situation cap-wise now where Kadri, in particular has a lot of value to us due to his play/contract.

Not to mention, Trouba ain't extending for that cheap. He's probably looking at minimum, 8m+ AAV with term.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How about we up the offer, Nylander for Trouba

As per the OP, extended Trouba for Nylander? Nope no chance from me, here’s why:

Nylander reported 8 million per year is way more then he’s worth. His contract negotiations have been difficult and prolonged and he’s still unsigned

Top pairing hard nosed RHD is worth a lot more then a 60 point soft winger. I wouldn’t trade Trouba for Ehlers either......Ehlers & Nylander are nearly clones.

PS: I like both Kadri & Nylander both not at the expense of a signed Trouba.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Gonna say no from the Jets as this does nothing for them.
They don’t need Kadri and if they are moving Trouba they need D in return.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Very polite response fron Jets fans. :laugh:

Not interested in any of those pieces in the return. Not talking value. Thats another story. Not interested. Not throwing in Copp if I was interested.

Trouba is not signing in Toronto. He is not signing 6x5 anywhere.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Where to begin...

-Trouba is not signing long-term for $6 mil
-very much doubt Trouba is signing to play in Canada - that's why jets haven't been able to sign him long term.
-Jets are doing okay at center. Not sure how much of an upgrade at 2C Kadri is over Little, if it's an upgrade at all.
-Jets don't really have a replacement at 1sts RD. Yes we have Byfuglien, and then Myers, but nobody really for third pairing. Not convinced Poolman is the guy yet.
-Copp is no throw-in
-Jets are going for it this year in any event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad