Value of: Kadri for rebuilding assets

horner

May 22, 2007
Kadri will be traded at the deadline.

Preferably a top young D prospect.

Bozak will be a grt 2nd or 3rd line center veteran presence.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So we know he took more shots and he didn't score on them but you're going to assume that they were of high quality?

I'm in the hypothetical logic debate with a Kadri mark, -deep breath- was 56th in production among centers, in line with his career average... just an average schmuck.

You were asked if you had any evidence and you ignored the question - you're the one making assumptions here.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

Hahaha typical HF nonsense. The prospect couldbecome something of value.

You guys and your mystery box thinking. Kadri is a quality NHL C, and brings qualities that we need on the leafs.

***I'm assuming you mean this coming deadline, not 4 years down the road.***

Leafsforlife98

Nov 2, 2011
Kadri is worth far less than either of those.

Look at the centres who are free agents next season. How many are as good or better than Kadri?

This might be the worst post I have seen in a long time. In what world is Kadri not worth a b level prospect? Some people on here are just really really dumb or are just trying to stir the pot

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
No way Kadri is traded this upcoming season. He just signed a long term deal with the team, it would be very bad business if leafs management singed and then traded him a few months later.

Not to mention IMO kadri fits nicely into what we are building. Very capable 2C who is still young with a bit of upside left in the tank. I personally believe Nylander is better off on the wing and keeping Kadri means Nylander stays on the wing.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No way Kadri is traded this upcoming season. He just signed a long term deal with the team, it would be very bad business if leafs management singed and then traded him a few months later.

Not to mention IMO kadri fits nicely into what we are building. Very capable 2C who is still young with a bit of upside left in the tank. I personally believe Nylander is better off on the wing and keeping Kadri means Nylander stays on the wing.

As Babcock has mentioned in an interview, he plans to pair Matthews and Nylander, and have Nylander take some draws on the right side. Nylander will eventually transition back to his natural centre position, and this will happen once Bozak is moved within the next 2 years.

It is far easier to obtain wingers than centres, so it is in the Leafs best interest to keep developing Nylander as one long term.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Kadri is one of the leafs that should not be moved the guy is going to be your #1 centre this year.

No way Matthews should be gifted that spot he should be shelterd behind Kadri/Bozak before he ultimately takes that #1 C by force. Kadri is one of if not the most important forward veterans on the roster. The guy has been through tons with Toronto ideally you want a guy as passionate as he is around your younger players to help them deal with the rollercoaster that is the NHL.

The leafs won't be a playoff team this year no sense in making your team worse off for a "could be" prospect. Keep Kadri and down the road when the Leafs are ready to be competitive and the new Marner/Matthews/Nylander regime has taken over the top6 you can look to Move Kadri.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Nazem Kadri has become expendable with the acquisition of Matthews via the draft and projects to get out slotted by Nylander eventually.

Kadri is a clear cut 2C on rebuilding teams and a solid 3C on contenders.

Looking for (at-least one of):
  • A young RHD with top 4 upside
  • 1st round picks and 2nd round picks
  • Quality prospects at the forward position
  • Blue-chip goaltending prospects

Kadri isn't getting traded. How about just enjoying having jim provide good center depth well locked up on a reasonable cap hit through his prime?

Even if he Kadri were to get traded the the only piece that makes sense is for an upgrade at RHD.

As for the other pieces you listed the Leafs just brought in a starter who they inked for 5 years, have added a ton of extra prospects in the last few drafts (and from trades, UFA signings). Leafs have one of the deepest forward prospect pools and they're gonna have a lot of trouble fitting them in the lineup so not sure why you'd think that should be something they need to target.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
You were asked if you had any evidence and you ignored the question - you're the one making assumptions here.

And I criticized the hypothetical points that Kadri produces but you Kadri cheerleaders don't acknowledge that his value is exaggerated narrative, most of it completely lifted from Steve Dangle cheerleading for him for three years.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
So we know he took more shots and he didn't score on them but you're going to assume that they were of high quality?

I'm in the hypothetical logic debate with a Kadri mark, -deep breath- was 56th in production among centers, in line with his career average... just an average schmuck.

His sh% was BELOW 2% for over a month.

We knowing wasn't taking shots from centre ice, so there's obviously a fair degree of (bad) luck involved towards that number.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Another brilliant proposal. Move our best centre. So who's going to teach these guys how to play when him and Bozak are moved?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
How about you make proposals for other teams for awhile?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Kadri is probably worth a late first and a b-prospect at best. Maybe the Leafs could ship him off for a #2/3 defenseman of equal value. I've seen some Leafs fans suggest he is worth a top ten pick, but I just don't see it.

He's had good possession numbers for the last year or two, but his offensive numbers have taken a major dive. He's gets a lot of excuses (bad teammates, unlucky shooting percentage, not enough playing time), but to me a see a player who doesn't utilise his teammates and takes a lot of weak wristers from bad angles.

He does have a nasty edge to his game. Sometimes he can cross the line and throw some boderline dirty checks. He's also gotten a reputation as a diver.

I think he's a decent 2nd liner on an okay team, and a good third liner on a great team. Whether he's worth the money or the cost he'll likely get (late first/b-prospect) is up to the team who wants him.

To be honest, I think the Leafs are better off keeping him for now. Maybe he was worth trading before the extension, but that's a big contract to move and our center depth isn't so great until Matthews (and maybe Nylander) step up.

I've also been called a Kadri hater for suggesting that he was barely a 50-point player, so who knows. It seems like every season he's perpetually ready to break out but JVR or Komarov or Bozak or player X is holding him back from greatness.
Kadri is not worth a 2/3 defenseman

mgd525

May 18, 2007
I'm not a leafs fan at all, In fact I hate that team. Tor is starting to build something and IMO it would be foolish for them to trade Kadri. Trade him for a great value for a young established d man ? I could see that. Trade Kadri for picks or unproven talent would be foolish. You can only have so many young players cutting their teeth at the same time.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
This might be the worst post I have seen in a long time. In what world is Kadri not worth a b level prospect? Some people on here are just really really dumb or are just trying to stir the pot

The only thing that comes off as "dumb" is the ignorance of some Leaf fans. Supply and demand usually dictates player value and Kadri is far from a rare commodity.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

What does it take to convince people that you need depth at center to win a cup? Kadri is signed long term through his prime and is turning himself into a well rounded 2C and a very good one at that. 25 year old 2 way centers who put up 50 points and are signed to reasonable contracts are the last thing a team should move. And Kadri is a much better player than Bozak. Not even close really.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The only thing that comes off as "dumb" is the ignorance of some Leaf fans. Supply and demand usually dictates player value and Kadri is far from a rare commodity.

Yup. 25 year old #2 centers who put up 50 points and can play a 200 foot game are a dime a dozen in the nhl. I'm surprised they haven't sent him to play in the AHL. Colton Orr, now there's a rare commodity.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Hahaha typical HF nonsense. The prospect couldbecome something of value.

You guys and your mystery box thinking. Kadri is a quality NHL C, and brings qualities that we need on the leafs.

***I'm assuming you mean this coming deadline, not 4 years down the road.***

How is saying that he would want a top D prospect in return typical HF nonsense? He didn't even specify any names... there are plenty of D prospects with way more value than Kadri. Saying that it's foolish "mystery box thinking" is just dumb.

I guess Bozak has more value than Matthews too...

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yah, Leafs aren't trading Kadri. Perfect guy for a rebuild. Still young and signed through his prime and can be used to insulate the kids.

He's a 2C right now. If/when Matthews/Nylander bump him down the lineup, he is still a very good guy to have at 3C and can move up the lineup if needed.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kadri is a big part of the team
We gave him a 6 year deal and he will be a great player for us. He lead the team in pts last year and was on pace for 50. His advance stats are amazing and he's become a good defensive player. He was very unlucky with his shooting at the start of the year and Michael Grabner cost him 5 or 6 pts with the chances he missed that kadri set up throughout the year. He can get 60 pts playing with the talent that is coming up. We are not trading him.

Ask Richards Carter and Kessel what long term deals mean.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Anyone with common sense can see that Bozak is the expendable one. He is older, on a 2 year deal, and is not as good.

You keep Kadri and Bozak to shelter Matthews.
As the season wears on, it should be obvious that Matthews doesn't need sheltering.
Nylander is used at C to see if he has a future there....Bozak is traded....Holland is the fallback #3 C option.
If Nylander transitions to a full time C, the Leafs will have great C depth....something that wins championships.
And if he doesn't, he becomes a good winger and Holland is the fill in #3 until a better option occurs.

In no way does it make sense to move Kadri now. Now in 3-4 years if the Leafs are locking up Matthews, Nylander, Marner, etc...to bigger, long term deals, then trading him then makes sense so you don't have 3 expensive centers.

Bozak is the one to move...common sense.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Anyone with common sense can see that Bozak is the expendable one. He is older, on a 2 year deal, and is not as good.

You keep Kadri and Bozak to shelter Matthews.
As the season wears on, it should be obvious that Matthews doesn't need sheltering.
Nylander is used at C to see if he has a future there....Bozak is traded....Holland is the fallback #3 C option.
If Nylander transitions to a full time C, the Leafs will have great C depth....something that wins championships.
And if he doesn't, he becomes a good winger and Holland is the fill in #3 until a better option occurs.

In no way does it make sense to move Kadri now. Now in 3-4 years if the Leafs are locking up Matthews, Nylander, Marner, etc...to bigger, long term deals, then trading him then makes sense so you don't have 3 expensive centers.

Bozak is the one to move...common sense.

We really don't need Holland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad