Globe and Mail: Kadri and Frattin slowly earning the trust of coach Carlyle

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think JVR´s defense is average at least but I see your point of perhaps needing a better defensive player like Kulemin who also have good size and is not afraid to drive the net.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Grabovski/Kessel has been attempted many times in the past, all proving to be worse than a Bozak pairing.

It looks good on paper, but it looks horrible on this ice.

Grabo and Kessel has brutal chem, it's been done in the past.

No they haven't and it's been proven many times. In the short stints that they get together when either of them is still on the ice after a shift they almost always create a good scoring opportunity.

A big reason why they aren't played together as has been stated in the past is mainly because Grabo's line is primarily a shut-down line, a line that Kessel has no business being on. However, given that are PP is so disgustingly bad, I don't know why Carlyle doesn't put them together then. Bozak has no creativity and hasn't looked anywhere near the way he did at the start of the season.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No they haven't and it's been proven many times. In the short stints that they get together when either of them is still on the ice after a shift they almost always create a good scoring opportunity.

A big reason why they aren't played together as has been stated in the past is mainly because Grabo's line is primarily a shut-down line, a line that Kessel has no business being on. However, given that are PP is so disgustingly bad, I don't know why Carlyle doesn't put them together then. Bozak has no creativity and hasn't looked anywhere near the way he did at the start of the season.

Carlyle could put out Hamilton, Zigomanis, and Colborne and not lose anything from what he is putting out there right now.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Would like to see the Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel line from 2010 re-united. Lots of defensive ability there to insulate Kessel to really go all-out. Should be noted that I feel Kessel has never played better defence than he is right now.

JVR - Grabo - McClement on the second line.

Komarov - Kadri - Frattin as per usual.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON

Not too sure what you mean. "No they haven't" played together before, but it's been "proven many times"?

They were paired a few times last season - twice with Wilson, once with Carlyle. Each time, by the second period, the coach reverted back to the original line up because nothing clicked with Kessel/Grabo.

It's been done. We've seen it plenty of times. It's not pretty. It won't work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad