Proposal: Kadri (1.5 mil ret)+Nylander for Draisaitl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
As someone pointed out you can't have Tavares, Matthews and Draisaitl on one team. This was badly thought out.

I think Nylander will be dealt for someone's D-man. That means Edmonton is out as a trade partner.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't know why you would want to trade that much for a guy who in his career has put up rather poor numbers when not on a line with McDavid.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
dont need an 8.5 M 3rd line c. Not that he's a 3rd liner, but he wouldnt be top 6 in toronto

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
dont need an 8.5 M 3rd line c. Not that he's a 3rd liner, but he wouldnt be top 6 in toronto

Yeah you could move Draisaitl to your top line as a winger. Of course with Kadri's $1.5 Million retained you're effectively paying $10 Million for Drai to be in your line up. Along with Tavarse's $11 Million and whatever Matthews is going to get... and Marner... not a reasonable proposal.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Reading thread title....and then stuff like...."EDM passes"...

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It’s not a win win considering Barrie on a Draisaitl - less Oiler team would have no one to pass it up to most of the time or wheneven McDavid needs a rest and Kerfoot and Bowers are longshots to even be fractionally as good as Drai is right now and he’s got more growing to do yet. When you factor in that Barrie can walk for nothing after next year it’s a long, long way from a win win. It’s a clean win for the Avs, the Oilers get left hoping Barrie can be convinced to stay and the remaining futures and B pieces don’t turn into pumpkins.

Never gonna happen, friend.

It probably won't, but I almost spoke Radu (my fav. player) to the avs into existence...if only sakic had pulled the trigger on the trades Roy had worked out which would've opened up the money to sign for Sasha *sigh*...and got Zadorov (one of my favorite players).

So I'll be damned if I won't try to speak Drae onto the avs into existence as well!!! :laugh:

See I think it's a win-win because Barrie doesn't need to be passing it a MacKinnon or McDavid to be a monster in transition. He just needs his coach to let him dance around forecheckers to break their structure and throw the opposition into disarray...aka don't do what Bednar did to him the season before last and try to turn him into a stationary stretch-passer. That elite transition game is why he has racked up points even with guys who are "only" good top 9ers, and not just when he's been on the ice with full-blown stars.

So adding Tyson would make all of those non-McDavid forwards a lot more effective, which is why I think it could be a win for you even at the cost of Drai...as long as Tyson came alongside enough young forwards & picks for you to fill out a quality top 9. Which shouldn't be too much of a challenge with McDavid, RNH, Yama, Kerf, Tobi, Pulju, Bowers, and 2 picks in this forward-rich draft to start working with...as Kerfoot is already a quality 2nd liner with the kind of speed & skill game that you needed more of.

Bowers & the pick are magic beans -- ditto Kaut and (to a lesser extent) Jost if one of them was substituted in -- but all good players start off as magic beans. We traded Duchene & ROR for mountains of magic beans and it's one of the best things the franchise has done since the Lindros trade; same with CBJ and the Nash trade...and neither of the COL's got back a proven NHL stud like Barrie as the centerpiece on top of getting the quantity of higher end (but not bluechip) sweeteners.

PS Sakic is unlikely to even think about trading MacK's bff (Barrie) until the offseason at the earliest...when he can sign an extension...as that would let makar get his feet wet; it gives Meloche another season to get NHL ready; it lets us see whether Timmins will get back on track or if his concussion has Bigras/Hishon'd his career; and lets any team trading for him to make sure they can lock him up.

So such a trade would only happen if Barrie was willing to sign that extension with you guys, the same way ROR did in Buffalo. As, obviously, it makes no sense for you to trade for TBoobs just to watch him walk a year later.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I did not like Drai at the World's Cup, or whatever they call it, last spring. Yet somehow he looks good with McDavid.

Mar 26, 2010
Poorly thought out OP.

No chance the Leafs do this
How about no. Leafs get robbed at gun point. Toronto does not move Kadri alone for Draisaitl.

This is the worst trade proposal I have seen on HF all year.

Reactions: Hunter368
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad