Proposal: Kadri (1.5 mil ret)+Nylander for Draisaitl

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Drai is the best player in the deal. Not sure Nylander would flourish well in (probably) a tougher checking West; I think he's rather soft, so I also have my doubts as to how effective he'd be in the playoffs when things get more and more chippy. I'd rather keep Drai.

We've made too many deals where we give up the best player in the deal and it's come back to bite us hard in the ass. Would rather not make the same mistake a millionth time. Otherwise, there's no issue with value as a whole from the Oiler's perspective, although the money wouldn't work for either side, so no chance this happens.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Poorly thought out OP.

No chance the Leafs do this

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Kadri is already a super value- one of the best contracts in the league. Why would they retain on him?

That would make draisaitl from 8.5 to 10 mil hit practically.

Not well thought out at all.

Reactions: paragon

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Jesus, and the Leafs are retaining too. You take an already cheap player and make em cheaper for some reason.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I guess this is better than ‘he sucks, he’s overpaid, he can’t drive a line but you should trade him to us anyway’ :laugh:

Drai isn’t going anywhere, we need him.

Let me preface this by saying that I haven’t watched you play at all this year so can’t comment on any developments this season. But I’ve watched at least 25 games a year for the past few seasons to watch Leon’s development...I’ve been a huge fan of his since he was a prospect, lived in Buffalo at the time and told everyone that they should pick Drae 1st overall when they had the chance. And from what I saw; you needed Barrie & more guys who can skate with skill...even with Drai.

Your transition game really suffered when McDavid wasn’t on the ice, and though Nurse is an underrated PMD, Tyson is f***ing elite in transition at ES. Having him or Connor on the ice for most of the game...while surrounded by more guys who could keep up & contribute; could leave you even more dangerous than trying to cobble together a line around Drai and banking on the forwards to make up for a blueline core that won’t be too dynamic until Bouchard is riffling stretch passes left & right.

Not saying it will or won’t be better than just keeping Leon; but I think that trade would be a win-win with some jiggling...at least if you didn’t squander the pick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let me preface this by saying that I haven’t watched you play at all this year so can’t comment on any developments this season. But I’ve watched at least 25 games a year for the past few seasons to watch Leon’s development...I’ve been a huge fan of his since he was a prospect, lived in Buffalo at the time and told everyone that they should pick Drae 1st overall when they had the chance. And from what I saw; you needed Barrie & more guys who can skate with skill...even with Drai.

Your transition game really suffered when McDavid wasn’t on the ice, and though Nurse is an underrated PMD, Tyson is ****ing elite in transition at ES. Having him or Connor on the ice for most of the game...while surrounded by more guys who could keep up & contribute; could leave you even more dangerous than trying to cobble together a line around Drai and banking on the forwards to make up for a blueline core that won’t be too dynamic until Bouchard is riffling stretch passes left & right.

Not saying it will or won’t be better than just keeping Leon; but I think that trade would be a win-win with some jiggling...at least if you didn’t squander the pick.

It’s not a win win considering Barrie on a Draisaitl - less Oiler team would have no one to pass it up to most of the time or wheneven McDavid needs a rest and Kerfoot and Bowers are longshots to even be fractionally as good as Drai is right now and he’s got more growing to do yet. When you factor in that Barrie can walk for nothing after next year it’s a long, long way from a win win. It’s a clean win for the Avs, the Oilers get left hoping Barrie can be convinced to stay and the remaining futures and B pieces don’t turn into pumpkins.

Never gonna happen, friend.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
LMAOOOOOO

Helllll naw. You trying to scare us cuz its halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad