Speculation: Kachinas full time?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
According to this article every team is supposedly getting reverse retro jerseys.

icethetics.com: Penguins, Flyers ‘reverse retro’ jerseys apparently leak

I wonder if we'll be getting a version of the green kachina. They've been using a lot of green in the recent promo videos.

Or I wonder if we could wear original Jets jerseys. It would be fun to see their fans reactions if we wore them against them hahah
If they bring these back I'll be buying 5 of them.
728301.jpg.jpg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I like the primary logo on the old green 3rds. I like the color scheme, too. I don't like the trim, at all. I hate the trim. I also don't understand the lizards.
The trim is indeed despicable. I’m good with lizards.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like the primary logo on the old green 3rds. I like the color scheme, too. I don't like the trim, at all. I hate the trim. I also don't understand the lizards.
Same. Hate this jersey. It's awful. There are some elements that could be good, but the jersey isn't. It's not even "meh". It's horrific.

Reactions: RemoAZ

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Coyotes08.png

These are the best ones they've had since inception. Professional-looking, understated. They looked like an NHL team in these. Maybe you could dress up the blank shoulder with a patch, but I don't think I'd even do that. These were cool.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
View attachment 374058

These are the best ones they've had since inception. Professional-looking, understated. They looked like an NHL team in these. Maybe you could dress up the blank shoulder with a patch, but I don't think I'd even do that. These were cool.

... and they look like 400 other teams.

Yotes Hockey is special, show it.
Best times in Kachinas with JR, Tkachuk7, Tocchet, Numminen, Lumme etc pp!

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
... and they look like 400 other teams.

Yotes Hockey is special, show it.
Best times in Kachinas with JR, Tkachuk7, Tocchet, Numminen, Lumme etc pp!

It's not that special.

I'm in my late 40s, so I just like the simpler stuff; Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Whalers, pre-black-accent North Stars, Canadiens, "new" Flames, etc. (One exception I loved was that Nordiques with the multiple Fleur de lis around the bottom.).

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
It's not that special.

I'm in my late 40s, so I just like the simpler stuff; Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Whalers, pre-black-accent North Stars, Canadiens, "new" Flames, etc. (One exception I loved was that Nordiques with the multiple Fleur de lis around the bottom.).
The wall of red pajamas look was hideous. Absolutely atrocious. Not only is it ugly, but its associated with the awful Gretzky era. Purge this identity now.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Well, it's not like the 2015-present version of the team has been a bunch of banner years, so they ought to scrap the current ones too.
I agree. It’s the same identity, just different jerseys. The howling head coyote era needs to go.

The only reason I slightly like the current set more is that the wall of red pajama look is broken up with the black helmets and pants.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If they bring these back I'll be buying 5 of them.
728301.jpg.jpg

These could work with a small adjustment and different colors. Orange, purple and green? Really? I remember Colangelo stating that they were putting purple in the colors because that was a part of "their" history or something like that. Other than the moon logo, get rid of that and the orange. Colangelo and the Suns haven't been a part of this team in like 20 years. No reason to have those colors. Make that orange copper (or brown, they are mountains right?) and the purple turquoise. Make the jersey black and keep the cacti green. That would keep the spirit of the look without the someone vomited on it colors. The kachina head is pretty solid imo. I've been trying to decide on a new Yotes logo for the back window of my new truck. Think I'm going to try to find that head instead of the full kachina.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
The Ducks are supposedly going with their old Wild Wing jerseys but with orange instead of green/eggplant or whatever they call it.

I think it's very likely we get a different version of the green Kachina head jerseys. Maybe black or white instead of green? It won't be that exact jersey. There has to be a twist to a retro jersey with this theme.

I could also see the modern colors being used with either that head or the full Kachina yote. Or maybe the Kachina jersey in tan or green or purple. Very curious to see what we get.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
View attachment 374058

Those are trash. They belong in the OHL.

These are the best:

Coyotes01.png

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
I remember the Yotes where dressed In those White Kachinas @ home games in the late 90‘s. Looks great with the white-out in the playoffs.

Like every NHL team they got the couloured jersey away and the white jersey at home.

Was there a point of change? Remember a few years ago that i was wondering, because the home teams dont wear their white jerseys.
Think i missed something :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I remember the Yotes where dressed In those White Kachinas @ home games in the late 90‘s. Looks great with the white-out in the playoffs.

Like every NHL team they got the couloured jersey away and the white jersey at home.

Was there a point of change? Remember a few years ago that i was wondering, because the home teams dont wear their white jerseys.
Think i missed something :D
Yes, the entire league swapped the whites to be primarily away jerseys so home fans could see what usually was the preferred colored jersey at home games. I think it was 2002-03 season.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
First word you think of when looking at the howling head is bankruptcy. It’s a broken brand. Kill it.
I agree. I like the logo but it doesn't have a good history to it. We did have our most successful season wearing it but there were many more bad years with it.

Reactions: Fuhrious

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
First word you think of when looking at the howling head is bankruptcy. It’s a broken brand. Kill it.

Keep the doghead for the little kids. I love the kachina but it's a bit too 'busy' to work as the franchise logo. The kachina head itself is great but again not perfect. I'd turn it so it looks straight at you, the viewer, just to make it a bit more iconic and aggressive.

I like what they did to the kachina at the start of the virtual school logo in the video below. Adding more purple and green balanced it out nicely, and reframing it made it look less busy.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Keep the doghead for the little kids. I love the kachina but it's a bit too 'busy' to work as the franchise logo. The kachina head itself is great but again not perfect. I'd turn it so it looks straight at you, the viewer, just to make it a bit more iconic and aggressive.

I like what they did to the kachina at the start of the virtual school logo in the video below. Adding more purple and green balanced it out nicely, and reframing it made it look less busy.

I think the full-bodied kachina can be too busy as well. The goalie-masked head is alright to me. I like our current logo, but don't really like the uniforms, especially the black armbands, just too much black. I wish there was a blend of the original uniforms from 1996 and the 2003 relaunch jerseys. Specifically, I really like the piping from the originals. If I recall correctly, it's a Navajo motif. Some mash of those aesthetics on the Sedona red with sand color scheme with the current howling head would be good for me. I think I'd be fine using the kachina head with that too. I really like the renditions that use sand instead of white. It'd be a cool twist that further differentiates us from other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->