Speculation: Kachinas full time?

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If this is a new jersey it's impressive there hasn't been any leaks of it. No one even knew it was coming at all.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
What’s not very encouraging?
This thread is about a supposed announcement of some kind happening today, and the speculation in here is about a switch back to the Kachina uniforms. That tweet is from one of our beat writers referring to that specific announcement and basically states it’s neither about uniforms or a trade into the first round. (Which I don’t know why the coyotes Twitter would hint at that a day before anyway.)

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
This thread is about a supposed announcement of some kind happening today, and the speculation in here is about a switch back to the Kachina uniforms. That tweet is from one of our beat writers referring to that specific announcement and basically states it’s neither about uniforms or a trade into the first round. (Which I don’t know why the coyotes Twitter would hint at that a day before anyway.)

Oh yeah haha. That guy knows nothing about either one of those things happening...I wouldn’t put any stock in that tweet. I don’t think he was implying anything.

Reactions: DOTS13

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
You could be right. I could be thinking too much into it. I’m just really hopeful for a switch. I want to get away from the howling coyote head and awful current set of jerseys.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Just FYI - this "beat writer" is a kid fresh out of J-school who just got assigned the beat and so far has only written a feature on Hispanic outreach. He's guessing.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
You could be right. I could be thinking too much into it. I’m just really hopeful for a switch. I want to get away from the howling coyote head and awful current set of jerseys.

I’m pretty confident they will. All their marketing is going that direction and I’m sure their consumer data is telling them that Kachina stuff is way more popular than anything else...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
We're wearing Kachinas 25 times at home. So they're our new home jerseys. The reds are essentially the alternate.

Assuming an 82-game season (barring more COVID), that's just a tick over half our home games, so it's pretty much an even split.

Definitely think they'll be back for the 2021-22 season at the latest.

I'm guessing that Meruelo is holding off on a wide-scale rebrand until his businesses rebound; but if he's doing one, he's already in the approval stage by now.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Assuming an 82-game season (barring more COVID), that's just a tick over half our home games, so it's pretty much an even split.

I'm guessing that Meruelo is holding off on a wide-scale rebrand until his businesses rebound; but if he's doing one, he's already in the approval stage by now.
We previously wore the Kachinas between the 12 and 16 game range the last couple of years. So that's flipped now with a 25/16 split. I'd say that makes them our primary jerseys.

And yah I agree with that. I think they may have been planning to bring back the white kachinas full time this year but with COVID and our disaster of an offseason it may have been pushed back. All social media material since the spring has mostly used the kachina logo instead of the howling yote.

I think they'd want the kachina change to represent a new era but this season looks like a throwaway year.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Why are NHL teams so hesitant to change jerseys? Fans of Arizona, Buffalo and Calgary have spent years saying "I will give you money" and the teams responded with "Meh." Thankfully for fans in Buffalo and Calgary their voices have finally been heard. Getting better here but why the teeth pulling with these damn jerseys?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
AZ is a contractual obligation with ADIDAS to keep their red jerseys until next season. Costs more to dump their current agreement and excess supply than it is to wait it out until they can negotiate a new one. Team wants to do it now though.

My source was pretty bang on about seeing more Kachina marketing for the 2020 year. So bear with me on this stuff. He’s been right about most, but wrong about some.

I guess that now the cat is out of the bag for the center ice logo and the 25 year logos were released, I can say a little more. Haha

Do not be surprised if you see a new uniform released before the season starts. I can’t confirm what this looks like, or how often it’ll be worn. The black kachinas will be worn for 25 games this upcoming season. But you guys probably won’t see the red jerseys for the other 16. You might see them like 8 - 10 times. I don’t know if this is actually going to happen, but initial designs have been approved, just up to the team and adidas to hammer out the details. Meruelo and co would like to add another jersey to catalog for merch sales. My friend said they REALLY wanted to get a los Yotes jersey done for Hispanic heritage month but couldn’t hit deadlines last I spoke with him. From what I understand, this jersey concept has been scrapped.

There are a TON of Kachina branded merchandise headed to the website and coyotes den. Lots of marketing endeavors with the Coyotes (think Gila river tribe, frys, pacific) have been told to start advertising with Kachina instead of howling head. Existing pieces and ads out in the wild do not need to be replaced, since the coyotes would have to pay to swap them, but anything new will have Kachina on it.

I did read some comments on here about colors. Don’t expect those to change. They did entertain the idea of incorporating copper into the color scheme, but current design and marketing pieces will use the existing colors. The nee word mark might have copper accents.

If he spills the beans on anything else, I shall relay.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I did read some comments on here about colors. Don’t expect those to change. They did entertain the idea of incorporating copper into the color scheme, but current design and marketing pieces will use the existing colors. The nee word mark might have copper accents.

If he spills the beans on anything else, I shall relay.
Do you mean the color scheme not changing for the kachinas or for the howling head? Thanks for all the info.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
According to this article every team is supposedly getting reverse retro jerseys.

icethetics.com: Penguins, Flyers ‘reverse retro’ jerseys apparently leak

I wonder if we'll be getting a version of the green kachina. They've been using a lot of green in the recent promo videos.

Or I wonder if we could wear original Jets jerseys. It would be fun to see their fans reactions if we wore them against them hahah

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Looking cool maters.
OIP.fSRpXXhWTM3SHdzZArXL_wHaHa

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
According to this article every team is supposedly getting reverse retro jerseys.

icethetics.com: Penguins, Flyers ‘reverse retro’ jerseys apparently leak

I wonder if we'll be getting a version of the green kachina. They've been using a lot of green in the recent promo videos.

Or I wonder if we could wear original Jets jerseys. It would be fun to see their fans reactions if we wore them against them hahah
Seriously bro? Just send all the old jerseys etc back to them and patiently wait for the meteor to land and incinerate the stuff we sent back. :thumbu:

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Seriously bro? Just send all the old jerseys etc back to them and patiently wait for the meteor to land and incinerate the stuff we sent back. :thumbu:
If I owned the team I'd put the Jets' stuff in a box and insinuate that if the next time they visit, if they don't take their stuff out of our basement, it's going in the trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->