Kaberle VS Moen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Who to buy out? If I'm correct Kaberle has only 1 year left on his contract VS 3 or 4 for Moen. If I'm was MB I'm having 2nd thought about this one. I'm sure Kaberle has at least 40 pts in him for a full years worth of play..damn it I couldn't figure out how to make a poll on this one

Last edited:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Who to buy out? If I'm correct Kaberle has only 1 year left on his contract VS 3 or 4 for Moen. If I'm was MB I'm having 2nd thought about this one.

Buyout Kaberle. Moen is tradeable, especially when you can eat cap hit in the new CBA. Trading Moen at 1.2 million is doable.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Moen makes 1,7?

That's extremely tradable.
fair enough but 4 years of that and to be honest 4 useless years from what I've seen so far this year, who would want Moen the way he's playing. I'll take the 1 year of 40 or so points thanks, something Moen wouldn't accumulate over the entire 4 years.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
fair enough but 4 years of that and to be honest 4 useless years from what I've seen so far this year, who would want Moen the way he's playing. I'll take the 1 year of 40 or so points thanks, something Moen wouldn't accumulate over the entire 4 years.

Moen is movable IMO and teams give up 2nd and 3rd rounders at the deadline for players like him

The real question is 1 more year of Kaberle or 1 more year of Gionta

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Who to buy out? If I'm correct Kaberle has only 1 year left on his contract VS 3 or 4 for Moen. If I'm was MB I'm having 2nd thought about this one. I'm sure Kaberle has at least 40 pts in him for a full years worth of play..damn it I couldn't figure out how to make a poll on this one

Not even close.

In a normal year Kaberle would find a taker at 4.25 but with the cap coming down and after a shortened season, dollars(small markets) and cap space(large markets) is hard to come by.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not even close.

In a normal year Kaberle would find a taker at 4.25 but with the cap coming down and after a shortened season, dollars(small markets) and cap space(large markets) is hard to come by.

:laugh:

I got to give it to you for still believing in this guy!!!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Neither. Save the buyout until after next season.

Has to be this off-season, before next season.

And Moen's tradable but Kaberle should play. We're playing to win the cup, not to win the cup in the future. Our defense is putrid and you have an NHLer with 1000 games of experience, most of it as a #1, just rotting on the bench.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Moen is movable IMO and teams give up 2nd and 3rd rounders at the deadline for players like him

The real question is 1 more year of Kaberle or 1 more year of Gionta

Probably Gionta because he's at least good enough to play still, but I would consider moving him. This team still has waaaaayyyy too many small players up front. I don't think it's good having him, Desharnais, and Gallager all in the lineup at the same time. Need to beef up some.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
People are going to want to pick up Moen because he's a big guy and he's just having an off year (hopefully). Moen will be very easy to trade, and I think after this season many teams are going to come calling because his value will be lower.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Probably Gionta because he's at least good enough to play still, but I would consider moving him. This team still has waaaaayyyy too many small players up front. I don't think it's good having him, Desharnais, and Gallager all in the lineup at the same time. Need to beef up some.

Well now with the possibility of holding back salary a player like Gionta can interest other teams, say we hold back 1.5 and the other team takes on 3.5. What ever but somethings got to happy and 1 player needs to be bought out and give us Cap space

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Has to be this off-season, before next season.

And Moen's tradable but Kaberle should play. We're playing to win the cup, not to win the cup in the future. Our defense is putrid and you have an NHLer with 1000 games of experience, most of it as a #1, just rotting on the bench.

I thought the deal was you could do one after this year and one after next, and then the Canadiens and Rangers were allowed to do one a year ahead of time. Did that bump up the time table to do the second one or did I completely make up the two year-scenario?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
People are going to want to pick up Moen because he's a big guy and he's just having an off year (hopefully). Moen will be very easy to trade, and I think after this season many teams are going to come calling because his value will be lower.

There won't be call(s) 1st call he's gone!!!

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
There won't be call(s) 1st call he's gone!!!

I don't know, I think people are expecting Rick Tocchet or Brendan Shanahan with this guy. He's not that but at least he's not Niklas Sundstrom or Andreas Dackell either.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
So why wasn't Kaberle picked up on waivers by other GM's, he has a pretty good past no?

Because Kaberle had played 10 games all year, and has "fragile: buyout, handle delicately" stamped on his forehead.

Moen may be having a bad season, but his value is nowhere near the same as Kaberle's (i.e. non-existent).

Quarantesix

#Galchenyuk
Apr 29, 2009
Montréal
So why wasn't Kaberle picked up on waivers by other GM's, he has a pretty good past no?

Come on you know the diferrence , Kabs career is over , he's older a d-men and he make more money.

Moen is playing the same way as last year the only difference is that he don't have the same role this year so yeah he's useless for us but not for another team who play a different system.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
how about DD or Gorges ,

If I'm Molson, and Bergevin buys out DD, I'm immediately firing Bergevin...

Besides, I'm pretty sure DD cannot be bought out of his next contract, since it doesn't start before July 1st.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
I know many here dont like the thought of it but Gorges play this year may make him a buy out candidate, 5 year remaining at 3.9 million as opposed to Kaberle 1 year at 4.25 million.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Neither. Save the buyout until after next season.

No.

I hate Moen as the next guy also, but I'd definitely spend the buyout on Kaberle at this point. And it's not even close at all.

Like some people said, it's possible to retain a small portion of his salary in a worst case scenario where nobody wants to touch his contract. I personally would try to bring someone who's willing to do what Prust does. I know there's not a whole lot of guys like that in the NHL - Prust and Neil are probably the only two guys of their kind - but at least, get someone who's willing to do the dirty work.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Moen is very tradable. We won't get much for him but he can be moved.

He's played like **** this year but it hasn't always been so, I'm sure he hasn't lost his reputation as a solid 4th liner/borderline 3rd liner with grit (LOL). The hockey world has more to do than talk about the loss of Moen's balls, especially in the West were a GM remembering his days in Anaheim could bite.

Bieber fever said:
how about DD or Gorges ,

They are both tradable (especially Gorges) and might even fetch interesting return (especialy Gorges). They have also recently signed these contract (especially Desharnais, who was signed by the current new GM) so it would be both impatient and ill advised to buy them out. As well as a tremendous waste of money because of all the years remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad