OT: Kaberle laughing at Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
GIF:

lwjzp.gif

Marchand hitting Kaberle while hiding behind the ref. Such a baby.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
No, because overall he's been terrible this season and last season he was good offensively, but still terrible defensively.

hmmm...the guy steps in while being a healthy scratch most of the year, contributes with a few points and a +6 ... 10 blocked shots...yeah thats terrible.... Some guys just cant win no matter what I guess, in the eyes of some fans.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Kaberle sucks at defense.

That doesn't mean he sucks overall. He's really good at helping the team score when he's on the ice. Basically he's a guy that can help if you are in a position to manage his minutes and could use the extra puck moving skill.

If you go with Gorges-Subban and Markov-Emelin as your one-two in the important defensive assignments, your pretty well positioned to bet on Kaberle on the 3rd pairing. But I understand to reluctance to do so when Diaz is available.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Marchand on PK: "Subban was asking me to fight. Three or four guys asked to fight him, and he’s running scared from Horty,†Marchand said of Subban. “But he comes after the smallest guy on the team. It just shows you what kind of character they have there."

Never in my 30 years of watching hockey have I ever heard a player complain about being "picked on" by another player.

I was thinking just his yesterday. What I hate about the bruins, and to an extent, the NHL now, is that smaller skill players don't stand up for themselves. They leave it to the big guys. That's not hockey to me.

Not a perfect example, as he was a pretty big guy, but look at the Rocket. Highest scorer in the league, a superstar, and he's also drop them and punish someone himself.

I miss that.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Totally agree. If his name was joe Smith we'd all be happy the way he has played

Don't be silly. He's been better this year than last but he's still not anywhere near as good as a 4.25M cap hit player should be. It's not because he's European, did you miss the whole Scott Gomez in Montreal thing?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Don't be silly. He's been better this year than last but he's still not anywhere near as good as a 4.25M cap hit player should be. It's not because he's European, did you miss the whole Scott Gomez in Montreal thing?

Gomez is a spic, that doesnt count :naughty:

:sarcasm:
(relax, it's a joke esti.)

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
For those thinking that Marchand is the true definition of a hard hitting pest, do you know how many hits he got in 18 games since the beginning of the season? 50? 70?

No, he has only 10.

Which is about the same amount than players like Daniel Brière, Pavel Datsyuk and Alex Semin.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
For those thinking that Marchand is the true definition of a hard hitting pest, do you know how many hits he got in 18 games since the beginning of the season? 50? 70?

No, he has only 10.

Which is about the same amount than players like Daniel Brière, Pavel Datsyuk and Alex Semin.

and Krejci... ;)

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

Are you paying his salary? Who cares what he's paid, he's our 7th D and has played pretty well since he came back. Like I said, if he was some no-name, we'd all be pretty happy with how he has played lately.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Totally agree. If his name was joe Smith we'd all be happy the way he has played
He has been fine, and even in the first 6 games too. He's still a viable starting d-man, league wide (still bottom-pairing, though). We have a better top-6 when healthy, but on average he should be playing regularly for many teams. This is why I still hold out some sliver of hope that we can trade him before the deadline.

That said, he's still enormously overpaid and we have to buy him out this summer if we can't trade him. And I wouldn't go to extremes of caution in terms of keeping him this year for depth either... Weber isn't too much different than him, so saving Mr. Molson the $3M buyout fee in the summer is still worth doing if a trade is out there.

It's not nice to be without Diaz, but a silver lining may be that we can sort of "mini-showcase" Kaberle a bit. Look world, he's not as awful as Joe Habsfan makes him out to be.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Kaberle has been pretty good since his return from exile, people need to stop with the robotic criticism.

For a guy who is supposedly soft and horrible defensively he was damn good against the "big bad Bruins" and the high powered Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->