Kaberle going to be tradeable?

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
He made the most of his icetime tonight. 2 assists and +3. How sweet would it be to be able to deal him at the deadline... Of course if Molson doesn't mind spending the buyout money we'd be better off keeping him for a playoff run...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I'd be ok to keep him for a playoff run if we can't upgrade, and if we need the space, compliance buyout.

I have been upset over him being benched.

I know Diaz has thrown up some pretty good stats. But Kaberle is a legitimate defenseman. Lest we forget he was Toronto's star at one point ( I know.. I know.. Toronto's star is another team's dead skunk) but he is legitimate... Better than Diaz in my opinion.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
The 6 D will likely never be fully healthy all at once. Too many injuries in the modern high-speed NHL.

Keep him.

Ever seen Daily Planet?... I saw a backyard inventor had invented spring loaded skates to "make the game faster"

Lol.

That's just what we need genius. People having more power than they already have... resulting in more injuries.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if he showcases himself well enough to draw a decent offer (2nd rd pick from a playoff team, 3rd round pick from a non-playoff team), then fantastic!

with Weber also on the depth chart (and Tinordi/Beaulieu both playing pretty well in hamilton), there's no real need to keep him for the playoffs. if we suffer enough injuries that he's forced into more than the 6th dman role, then we aren't going far in the playoffs anyways.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Keep playing him with Subban and then trick some team into thinking he's useful. Sounds like a plan to me.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Our SCap next season is 51M with Kaberle.
We don't need to do a compliance buy out.

For now he has little value on the trade market but as he plays more his value will increase.
How many teams can say they have a 7th d-men like Kaberle?

Against the Pens, he was +3, Markov and PK were +1 and all others were even or minus...
I know he played sheltered minutes but he did manage pretty well.

In the league, there are 41 d-men injured. We need NHL players to cover for injuries and Kaberle and Weber can hold their own in this league.
Until our younger D-men are ready in AHL, we should keep him.

Either trade him when younger D-men a ready (next season) or keep him till trading deadline (this season or next season).
Patience is a virtue, before the end of March we will know more.
For now he is an extraordinary 7th d-men.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Kaberle is a great defensmen and I actually believe that he loves it here in montreal and he has actually played quite well this season.. His passes are great, His vision is good.. Sometimes he loses his man in defensive zone, So does... doughty, weber, lidstrom ( when he played ) pronger ( when he played ) and any other dman in the league..

Stop using your penis' to think.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
Kaberle is a great defensmen and I actually believe that he loves it here in montreal and he has actually played quite well this season.. His passes are great, His vision is good.. Sometimes he loses his man in defensive zone, So does... doughty, weber, lidstrom ( when he played ) pronger ( when he played ) and any other dman in the league..

Are you saying people want him traded because he's so ugly? Lol

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I would dump him if we can. At $4.5 mil we can use that cap to get a much better dman.

bentheprop

Oct 28, 2006
St Catharines, ON

Correction, Kaberle is a good defenseman, when given limited ES minutes and some PP time. He is far too soft in the defensive zone to be called a great defenseman.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I don't like anything he does. I'd prefer to play Weber during injuries. I'd dump him if we could. I'm not convinced we can.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He made the most of his icetime tonight. 2 assists and +3. How sweet would it be to be able to deal him at the deadline... Of course if Molson doesn't mind spending the buyout money we'd be better off keeping him for a playoff run...

Maybe he is not such a terrible defenceman after all. I think he has the same or more even strength points this year than Markov.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Kaberle like Gomez is dead weight that will go either by trade or buyout, hopefully trade and someone else can be bought out.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Keep playing him limited minutes... He may have some trade value at the deadline, but that $4.5 cap hit next year with the overall cap going way down is going to be hard!

Maybe Dallas or Chicago since the two stooges landed there and brought him here in the first pace!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

I know Diaz has thrown up some pretty good stats. But Kaberle is a legitimate defenseman. Lest we forget he was Toronto's star at one point ( I know.. I know.. Toronto's star is another team's dead skunk) but he is legitimate... Better than Diaz in my opinion.
Better than Diaz?

j8jkgm.gif

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007

I hope you don't mind staying upset. Because most people here as well as management and coaching staff disagree with your assessment.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It would be great asset management if Habs can get a pick for him. He is clearly not in the team's long term plans and barely in the team's short term one.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
It would be great asset management if Habs can get a pick for him. He is clearly not in the team's long term plans and barely in the team's short term one.

I still think he'd be fantastic depth in the event of a playoff run. I'd rather have Kaberle step in than Weber or St. Denis if we need a #6 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad