Kaberle gets five?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
If/When Czech Republic wins the gold later this afternoon Frantisek Kaberle will win his 5th gold in the WC. How many players has won more golds then that? I know that a bunch of Russian players has, but what about non russian players? Has anyone got five or more?

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Pater and Martin Prochazka both has four golds but none of them are part of the Czech roster this year.

Vyborny also has four and could get his 5th in a few hours time.

Bubba64

Aug 5, 2004
F-M
www.preds.wz.cz
Tampa GM said:
Pater and Martin Prochazka both has four golds but none of them are part of the Czech roster this year.

Vyborny also has four and could get his 5th in a few hours time.

Its there! David Vyborny has five! His first was in 96 Wien :handclap: and then 99,00,01 and now 05!! and the next will be ??? :sarcasm:

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
If/When Czech Republic wins the gold later this afternoon Frantisek Kaberle will win his 5th gold in the WC. How many players has won more golds then that? I know that a bunch of Russian players has, but what about non russian players? Has anyone got five or more?
This is his fifth gold medal. His brother Tomas just won his first gold. Their father also has two gold medals from WC in 1976 and 1977.
From Soviet players Tretjak and Ragulin have ten golds. From non-Soviet players F.Kaberle and Vyborny are leaders.

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I wonder what happened to Patera... One of my favourite czech players but rarely on the national team nowadays... Such awesome hockey sense...

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
mattihp said:
I wonder what happened to Patera... One of my favourite czech players but rarely on the national team nowadays... Such awesome hockey sense...

Still plays for Kladno. Luckily he found out in time that he does not have what it takes to play today on the top level. But I do agree with you, his passing and vision on the ice was phenomenal :bow: . The "blue line" as they were called: Patera, Procházka, Vejvoda was something special. They played like gods in 1996. Too bad Vejvoda started having medical problems and had to quit very early. They would have kicked ass if they stayed together for a longer time on the international stage... :yo:

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
mattihp said:
I did not like Czech National team with Patera and Prochazka. In their golden hattrick, they played disgusting hockey with their trap defensive system.
Nowadays, Czech hockey is much more exciting. It does not mean they are bad players. Prochazka is phenomenal on breakaways.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Ego said:
disgusting hockey
Too harsh my friend, too harsh. I do agree with you that the system we play now is more offensive BUT on the other hand, just remember how we played against the Canadians the final game of this year´s Championships. It was THE same type of hockey that we used to play and it was extremely effective again. Canada was last blanked out in the championships by Sweden in 1987!

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Rogalo said:
Too harsh my friend, too harsh. I do agree with you that the system we play now is more offensive BUT on the other hand, just remember how we played against the Canadians the final game of this year´s Championships. It was THE same type of hockey that we used to play and it was extremely effective again. Canada was last blanked out in the championships by Sweden in 1987!
It is OK watching it one game, but not three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad