Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Chytil would make that line much more potent offensively.

It is absolutely the thing those two are missing, especially Kak. Wenny must have sucked so bad as Mika and Kreids RW in practice lmao. If it wasn’t the Po’s I’d like to see Roz in between them.

Whatevs, hopefully filly comes back for round2 and makes them potent. The upside is, I don’t think they got scored on at all this series? Maybe once? I can’t recall.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Chytil would make that line much more potent offensively.
I hope so but 1 point in 4 games total by those 3 combined is not sustainable imo if we want to make a cup run. People bash Goody but I believe that Vesey-Goody-Rempe 4th line produced more. The 3rd line did other things well. Wenberg was good on the PKs but still we need our 3rd line to raise their production for our team to keep playing imo.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
That was a very important goal but to keep playing we probably need more production out of that 3rd line.

In 4 games (Will-Wenberg-KK) had 1 goal and 0 assists.
I agree, but they also didnt let up any goals - which is just as important.

It was a weird series in regards to 5 on 5 time. It was hard to get momentum going.

If you tell me theyll go even or +1 against the Canes i think ill sign up for that. They did keep possession well and had a lot of good chances.

I think we need noticeable contributions offensively from the bottom 6 as a whole, even if its spread around thats going to be key to moving on.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I agree, but they also didnt let up any goals - which is just as important.

It was a weird series in regards to 5 on 5 time. It was hard to get momentum going.

If you tell me theyll go even or +1 against the Canes i think ill sign up for that. They did keep possession well and had a lot of good chances.

I think we need noticeable contributions offensively from the bottom 6 as a whole, even if its spread around thats going to be key to moving on
We will need some contributions from all 4 lines to keep playing once the competitions defense and goaltending get stronger.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I hope so but 1 point in 4 games total by those 3 combined is not sustainable imo if we want to make a cup run. People bash Goody but I believe that Vesey-Goody-Rempe 4th line produced more. The 3rd line did other things well. Wenberg was good on the PKs but still we need our 3rd line to raise their production for our team to keep playing imo.
Which is why I think Wennberg will be 4th line bound if and when Chytil returns.

He can really play that shutdown game and a 4th of Goody-Weenberg-Vesey is basically a 3B line. Thats real depth you have no problem rolling. It also allows them to manage the PK times of all 3 of them a little easier. It allows some flexibility within the games to double shift Wennberg for Chytil when things get tight. You can put the current 3rd line back together in a pinch and theres no adjustment period.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko should control the puck well and get chances, if they can score like a real 2nd line and continue to not give up much that would be a huge difference maker. Even if its just Chytil popping in a wrister every other game. The even strength metrics would easily get a boost. All things being equal, if they got that type of production out of that line with a little help from the 4th, the Rangers will be very tough to beat.

Reactions: noncents

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Which is why I think Wennberg will be 4th line bound if and when Chytil returns.

He can really play that shutdown game and a 4th of Goody-Weenberg-Vesey is basically a 3B line. Thats real depth you have no problem rolling. It also allows them to manage the PK times of all 3 of them a little easier. It allows some flexibility within the games to double shift Wennberg for Chytil when things get tight. You can put the current 3rd line back together in a pinch and theres no adjustment period.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko should control the puck well and get chances, if they can score like a real 2nd line and continue to not give up much that would be a huge difference maker. Even if its just Chytil popping in a wrister every other game. The even strength metrics would easily get a boost. All things being equal, if they got that type of production out of that line with a little help from the 4th, the Rangers will be very tough to beat.
I'd be okay trying that but I am hesitant to take Rempe out of the lineup.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
nicky this was mentioned but when the games turned into ST-fests, Kakko is who suffered. Cuylle got shifted onto goodrow-vesey's wing consistently in late close situations, and wennberg saw ice time on PK3 and PP2.

Kakko could not get on the ice and production really suffers when you can't get into flow. Listen to PDOcast on lafreniere - it applies to kakko too.

production is largely luck based especially in smaller samples. What is not luck based is the process -> when kakko is on the ice at even strength the game tilts in the rangers favor.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I thought Kakko was one of the best players in the series, and was rewarded with that goal last night.

Even when he’s not scoring he’s doing things in all 3 zones to help the team win.
Analytics show this as well. The Caps did nothing when he was on the ice. He had the fortune of going against Ovi a lot though which probably helped.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

They are fantastic defensively, but I agree, they need more offense then we are a REAL threat.

And I fully believe a healthy Chytil will help that. He was undoubtedly breaking out and locked in before he went down.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
They are fantastic defensively, but I agree, they need more offense then we are a REAL threat.

And I fully believe a healthy Chytil will help that. He was undoubtedly breaking out and locked in before he went down.
Makes a lot of sense, with Chytil and Kakko having natural chemistry.

Wennberg being moved down to the Fourth line and that being another shutdown line makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Makes a lot of sense, with Chytil and Kakko having natural chemistry.

Wennberg being moved down to the Fourth line and that being another shutdown line makes a lot of sense.

That would certainly be the best 4th line in the entire playoffs and an argument for the best 3rd line as well if they can get the offense moving there.

Come on Fil, not only does Kak need ya, but all of Ranger nation needs ya.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
That would certainly be the best 4th line in the entire playoffs and an argument for the best 3rd line as well if they can get the offense moving there.

Come on Fil, not only does Kak need ya, but all of Ranger nation needs ya.
Rangers are 18-2 with Rempman in the line up.

Pressures on Fil to not mess up the magic. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad