Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
On the TSN broadcast today:
7fostqi3n5s31.jpg

God’s greatest bread man.

AndyA

Mar 26, 2014
Finland
I think, and excuse me for my Finnish is rusty, translated that was "Kaapo Kakko scores!...From the side!!"

I'd say he says: "Kakko...Strome..
And from that Kakko gets a scoring chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...". He was about to say " Ja siitä Kaakko paikkaan" = "And from that (Strome's pass) Kakko gets a scoring chance".

ijuka

May 14, 2016

In Finnish to those interested.

Man this commentator's annoying. It really should be a requirement to have a good voice before you commentate on TV. Sighity sigh. So many guys with a good voice casting Liiga but then there's this for NHL.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Man this commentator's annoying. It really should be a requirement to have a good voice before you commentate on TV. Sighity sigh. So many guys with a good voice casting Liiga but then there's this for NHL.

If you're good enough for daytime television I doubt you want to be the guy spending all nights at work.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
If you're good enough for daytime television I doubt you want to be the guy spending all nights at work.
This caster does pretty much only prime time matches. He is the most appreciated Finnish hockey caster ofc after legendary Mertsi.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
That was a nice goal, gratz kid!

With that said, Strome made it to the history books with that pass. If only they happened more often. I suppose the only chance for him to have a monster rookie season is learning how to drive that line fast and I don't think that's happening this soon. He'll make some highlight plays though and has a good year (assuming he plays it in the 2nd line). Oh and fights for the Calder of course.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

Antti Mäkinen is easily best. I wish he was able to comment mens WHC matches... Mertaranta is pretty bad.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
That was a nice goal, gratz kid!

With that said, Strome made it to the history books with that pass. If only they happened more often. I suppose the only chance for him to have a monster rookie season is learning how to drive that line fast and I don't think that's happening this soon. He'll make some highlight plays though and has a good year (assuming he plays it in the 2nd line). Oh and fights for the Calder of course.
Unless he replaces Buchnevic on the top PP he has no chance of competing with Q.Hughes and Makar for the Calder.

Reactions: CasusBelli

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Not as veni, vidi, vici as I had hoped, but I'm gonna put that one on the team as a whole being insufficient and the times being different from when Crybaby and Ovie came in.

I just want to see him much more, he oozes such skill. His puck-handling is so slick.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Unless he replaces Buchnevic on the top PP he has no chance of competing with Q.Hughes and Makar for the Calder.

Just to clarify regarding recent 1 and 2 overall picks.

Hughes, Kakko, Dahlin, Svechnikov, Hischier, Patrick, Laine, Ekblad, Reinhart, Mackinnon, Barkov all did not start on the PP1. MacKinnon got 0 seconds of PP time in his first game.

Only McDavid, Eichel and Matthews, started on the PP1 in the last 7 years.

So while I think Kakko should be there it's hardly out of line that he is not and most certainly does not severely harm his Calder chances given most rookies don't start there anyway.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
If PP1 goes cold and stops getting good looks I’m sure Quinsy will make some adjustments, one of the first being to add Kakko. If PP1 doesn’t go cold, even better

Reactions: haveandare

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

Perhaps, but perhaps he's also going to get that call because he would be dynamite on that first powerplay unit. I think it's just a matter of when (this season, not the next).

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Haha. Indeed, Kaapo is rather heavily transformed Christian (loaned) male name of Archangel Gabriel in Finnish.

I didn't know that, and I'm absolutely certain the vast majority of Finns don't know that either. For the most of us Kaapo is the 4-year-old lead character of a dubbed children's TV show originally from Canada. It's known as Caillou there.

For him daytime television means doing the play-by-play for KHL games. I think he prefers the NHL, but as we have a Finnish team in the KHL he is doing a lot of their games. The company he's working for offers us every single NHL game (and every Premier League match, most NFL games and tons of other sports) for 30 euros a month. Almost all the NHL games are broadcast in English.

Last edited:
Reactions: Se829ne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad