Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just a quick reminder when talking about line combos, chemistry, usage, jump-starting production and other topics:

29 minutes and 25 seconds

That's how many minutes Kaapo Kakko is into his NHL career.

29 minutes and 25 seconds

But in real time its been 2 weeks. We're dying here.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Svechnikov had 37 points as an 18 year old #2 overall. Granted, 20 goals which is a nice mark for a rookie, but still less than 40 points. I think everyone can tell how good he is going to be and he’s off to 8 points in 5 games so far this year. Good benchmark to temper your KK expectations by.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Svechnikov had 37 points as an 18 year old #2 overall. Granted, 20 goals which is a nice mark for a rookie, but still less than 40 points. I think everyone can tell how good he is going to be and he’s off to 8 points in 5 games so far this year. Good benchmark to temper your KK expectations by.
On a team that is a lot better than the Rangers.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Kakko vs Buchnevich might be highest stakes squad battle in the NHL right now. In the Rangers expected points on the first line are so much higher than on the second. I honestly can't think of similar situation in any other team. Competition is brutal but it might be a good thing for the team - for Kaapo it's obviously frustrating. At the moment it looks like Buch is able to keep that first line spot. At the end of the season we have to take this into account, if Buch is playing a monster season it's not Kakko's fault he's not cracking to that first line as an 18 year old. And there's no way he scores 60+ points from the second line.

Really excited for (European) prime time game tonight!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The bolded in particular has been a strength of his since he first entered the league.
Yes, it is. Unfortunately though, getting it to the point wasnt always a good thing. Not good at creating ANYTHING. Who was our last "lethal" offensive point man? Bubba?
Oh, okay.....maybe it was McD, but his shot was pretty weak, and hardly would call him lethal.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
On the TSN broadcast today:
7fostqi3n5s31.jpg

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
sweet finish on the goal, entry was also good too. looked like a nothing play, not much speed, Klefbom had a good gap, but some nifty stick handling made something out of what looked like nothing.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Really happy for him on his first goal.

How did he look otherwise? Missed the game unfortunately.
He needs to play with Mika and Panarin. He’s being wasted with Strome and cold Kreider. He’s made plenty of impressive plays, but the team has struggled to actually have he puck when he’s out there (Strome at center...).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well at least on PP Strome passes really nicely to Kakko but both times puck hopped over Kakkos stick.
Without those they would have been good scoring changes.

I would give some time.

There's just not enough talent to get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad