Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Reactions: Billdo

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So tired of this board we have 3 threads for Hughes but one is created for Kakko and its crapped on.

That goes both ways. I’m up for whatever Devils management decides on draft night but each and every thread dedicated to the draft had the same few people coming in trying to s*** on everyone’s excitement (over Hughes of course) and causing arguments (not discussions).

Reactions: Darkauron

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
That goes both ways. I’m up for whatever Devils management decides on draft night but each and every thread dedicated to the draft had the same few people coming in trying to s*** on everyone’s excitement (over Hughes of course) and causing arguments (not discussions).
Not once have I shit on Hughes. Not once have I definitively said we should take Kakko over him.

In reality, it's posters like yourself losing their damn minds when anyone doesn't declare Hughes the 100% lock right now. And then yea, I get annoyed.

It's almost like 95% of you already associate Kakko with the Rags, so you act like children when his name is mentioned.

Reactions: BleedinBLUEsince92

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Why do we have a thread for a Rags player ew

0F919563-D0F6-4C19-8E2E-85B4965B5833.gif

Reactions: Darkauron

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I feel like Steve and Dano would have such a hard time with his name. That's the main reason to draft him imo. I'm still on team Hughes though.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Not once have I **** on Hughes. Not once have I definitively said we should take Kakko over him.

In reality, it's posters like yourself losing their damn minds when anyone doesn't declare Hughes the 100% lock right now. And then yea, I get annoyed.

It's almost like 95% of you already associate Kakko with the Rags, so you act like children when his name is mentioned.

Being excited because we won the draft and associating 1 player with that because the vast majority have this player at #1 doesn’t mean myself or anyone is losing their mind.

If anything, you are setting yourself up for the “I told you so” hfboards posts if something drastic changes between now and June.

I’m open minded to whatever the team wants to do but the games I’ve watched, highlights I’ve gotten to see and articles I’ve read from all sorts of different experts all lead me to thinking it’s set in stone on who we are picking.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Kappo reminds me a lot of the Canes own #2 pick last year Svenchnikov (who will be a hell of a player). Comparables are normally for players more established but this is what I think of when I see
Him.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

First off, I think its as close to a done deal as you can get that Hughes is picked first without saying "100% :tmi:"

But to your points, not a single person s*** on anyone's excitement. That would mean someone said, " hey guys, take it easy, this Hughes kid isn't nearly as good as you think because xyz" which never happened.

It was more "hey guys, take it easy with the 100% talk, we all would be surprised if he wasn't taken 1stOA but still, it's a couple months out and this Kakko guy could really be something." Obviously not exact quotes, but one is much closer to the truth of what was being said.

And to the causing arguments point, if person A was to say something that probably was going to happen, was actually 100%, no questions asked, absolute truth, and when person B was to bring up the fact that there was a slight chance that something else might happen, and then person A lost their minds..... It would be pretty hard to say person B "caused an argument."

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think Kaako and Hughes are close enough that things could definitely change in the eyes of the scouts depending on the performances at the worlds and U20s.

I also feel like there's a lot of group-think going on if no-one believes there's a chance Hughes could be passed.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I think Kaako and Hughes are close enough that things could definitely change in the eyes of the scouts depending on the performances at the worlds and U20s.

I also feel like there's a lot of group-think going on if no-one believes there's a chance Hughes could be passed.

I agree with all of this. There’s definitely a case to be made for Kakko, or at least not declaring it decided just yet. However, everything points to Ray being certain he’s taking Hughes. If another team were picking, maybe their thinking would be different. Still, I see no reason we can’t discuss Kakko’s positives and upside without feathers getting ruffled.

Reactions: Nubmer6

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
The only thing that I hear about Kakko is “but he plays against men” so what.... Hughes has more skill and that is what the league is going towards. You can’t teach what Hughes has

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I have no problem discussing Kakko until the draft.

I was enamored with him as a prospect before we hit #1, and wouldn't mind a player of his ilk at all over anyone but Jack Hughes. It sucks it's likely he'll go #2 to the World's Most Famous Toilet Bowl, but hopefully the Rangers become fixated on Podkolzin instead. :laugh:

Reactions: MichaelJ

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Off track but god, Steve Valiquette is such an ass licker.

I never thought someone might possibly be more obnoxious than Trautwig, but he gives him a run for his money.

Reactions: MichaelJ

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
But to your points, not a single person s*** on anyone's excitement. That would mean someone said, " hey guys, take it easy, this Hughes kid isn't nearly as good as you think because xyz" which never happened.
Actually I have questioned Hughes goal scoring abilities, at least in regards to the Kane comparisons. I also have a hard time when people say he's an 11 on the 1-10 skating scale. Ya, he looks like a super smooth skater, but he's not as fast as McDavid as far as I have seen, thus putting him over the perfection limit seems misplaced.

In general I think the Hughes hype is overblown. Not to say he is not the best kid in this draft, he's my pick at #1 nor to say he won't be an excellent player, but some of this stuff I'm not buying.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So tired of this board we have 3 threads for Hughes but one is created for Kakko and its crapped on.

I think "crapped on" is a bit much, especially given there was only 1 reply when you chimed in and it didnt sound very negative, but this is an entirely useless thread given there's 0% chance the Devils pass on Hughes.

There is a gap between #1 & #2 this year, and there is a gap between #2 and .............. everyone else.

Therefore it is a 100% certain lock that the Devils take Hughes & the Rangers take Kakko.

This is not complicated, and everyone informed on the situation understands all this very well.

Reactions: Scooooooooooooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->