Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
There was a play earlier where Krava on the forecheck, Kakko on the boards and Jones on the blueline all showed glimpses of what's to come. Let me find it

edit:

Oh wow thank you. I would have never known because I missed the 1st. What a bittersweet game. The future was really on display, but then Wilson had to ruin it for everyone.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Oh wow thank you. I would have never known because I missed the 1st. What a bittersweet game. The future was really on display, but then Wilson had to ruin it for everyone.

The game was great until the Wilson moment. We were up 3-2, Top line produced, the kids scored a highlight reel goal, the young kids on the blueline stepped on, Shestyorkin made key saves

Then this mouth-breathing sorry excuse for a human being decided to punch Buchnevich in the head while he was in a defenseless position before pulling Panarin down by his hair.

This game was fun. Until the refs f***ed it up.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
The game was great until the Wilson moment. We were up 3-2, Top line produced, the kids scored a highlight reel goal, the young kids on the blueline stepped on, Shestyorkin made key saves

Then this mouth-breathing sorry excuse for a human being decided to punch Buchnevich in the head while he was in a defenseless position before pulling Panarin down by his hair.

This game was fun. Until the refs f***ed it up.
I’m just so lost for words after that. Never felt this way after a game. Maybe I’m crazy, but I think he should be permanently banned from the league. Also it’s such a Rangers thing to have OUR star player attacked. That doesn’t happen to other teams, does it?

Reactions: CLW

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’m just so lost for words after that. Never felt this way after a game. Maybe I’m crazy, but I think he should be permanently banned from the league. Also it’s such a Rangers thing to have OUR star player attacked. That doesn’t happen to other teams, does it?

Messier did it to Modano

Stevens did it to Kariya

But this type of stuff doesn't happen in 2021. Well, it shouldn't. This neanderthal league needs to step up if it ACTUALLY cares about player safety. But with former goon George f***ing Parros in charge, I doubt it

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Messier did it to Modano

Stevens did it to Kariya

But this type of stuff doesn't happen in 2021. Well, it shouldn't. This neanderthal league needs to step up if it ACTUALLY cares about player safety. But with former goon George f***ing Parros in charge, I doubt it
But still, Messier and Stevens were far better and more relevant players than Wilson, no? Either way, yea I’m just plain pissed at that psycho

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Messier did it to Modano

Stevens did it to Kariya

Big difference is those hits were deemed legal back then.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Big difference is those hits were deemed legal back then.

Yeah, I'm not justifying what Wilson did (check my Twitter feed haha). It happened before but to my knowledge I have to go back as far as 20 years to even think of an example.

It's absolutely disgusting and the people defending this are idiots. This has NOTHING to do with hockey, at all. This isn't "toughness" or "grit". This isn't a player trying to spark something. This was 3 incidents in 30 seconds which all 3 are worthy of a suspension and if this happens in a beer league game, the police is taking him away.

The NHL has to stop protecting these criminals.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
It's literally incredible he went from one of the biggest liabilities on the ice last season, to one of the best defensive players on the ice. This kid is going to have a massive breakout season next year, and it's not impossible for Laf to have one as well. It will be great for both of them to get in a real offseason of training before the next season.
This is actually unreal!
Very happy for him

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah, I'm not justifying what Wilson did (check my Twitter feed haha). It happened before but to my knowledge I have to go back as far as 20 years to even think of an example.

It's absolutely disgusting and the people defending this are idiots. This has NOTHING to do with hockey, at all. This isn't "toughness" or "grit". This isn't a player trying to spark something. This was 3 incidents in 30 seconds which all 3 are worthy of a suspension and if this happens in a beer league game, the police is taking him away.

The NHL has to stop protecting these criminals.

Absolutely. Tom Wilson should not be suspended...

He should be charged with assault and indicted.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think he's a nasty per se but he plays with a little chip on his shoulder that I like.

I don't think he cares that he gets hit and most guys regret hitting him anyway.

Adam Graves was like that. The man is a literal angel but he took abuse without flinching.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think he's a nasty per se but he plays with a little chip on his shoulder that I like.

I don't think he cares that he gets hit and most guys regret hitting him anyway.

Adam Graves was like that. The man is a literal angel but he took abuse without flinching.
He literally doesn't give a f*** lol. I was very surprised he was the first guy to react when Laf went down after that goal vs Devils. Very un-Kakko-like.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Love what Kakko is becoming. Only really thing that's lacking is his slight indecisiveness to shoot and quality of wristshot. First will come naturally and second can be worked on. Can't wait to see what he ultimately becomes

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Love what Kakko is becoming. Only really thing that's lacking is his slight indecisiveness to shoot and quality of wristshot. First will come naturally and second can be worked on. Can't wait to see what he ultimately becomes

I think a lot of that is simply confidence, and becoming more familiar with the NHL game. Once he relaxes, like he has began to do, and let his instincts and creativity take over, the shot selection, directness etc will fall in place. Strength, shot, skating will become stronger over the next few seasons too <3

Reactions: Buchnevich89

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Messier did it to Modano

Stevens did it to Kariya

You can argue those were "hockey" plays. Although they were dirty they weren't criminal. Domi sucker punch on Ulf, Bertuzzi on Moore, McScorely crosscheck on Brashear and Wilson are all criminal actions in the veiled disguise as being part of the game.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lots of people complain that he rather dekes than shoots. Well, that goal last night worked out pretty well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad