Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And get Quinn far away from him and the other kids. Why are Kakko AND Laf looking tentative? When have they ever been tentative on the ice? It's on Quinn to IMPROVE them as players, but it doesn't look like he is able to.
Yeah....let' shave Barry Trotz develop them. THEN there would be progress.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Kaapo Kakko will not be one of our best players.

Again, if it comes down to he or Kravtsov in an Eichel deal, I’m keep Kravtsov.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That said, he's extremely frustrating right now. I don't know if it's panic or the game is too fast for him offensively but he's playing great other than that, but that's one of those "other than that Mrs. Lincoln..." deals.

DontLaughAtThat

Apr 12, 2017
It's honestly ridiculous how underwhelming he has been offensively this season. I know he was complete ass in his rookie year (and that he has taken major steps forward when it comes to possession and the defensive side of the game), but at least he had moments where he showed off his hands and shot in his rookie year. The offense is just non-existent now...

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is gonna be a fun thread to bump in a year or two.

I do think it’s just a matter of time.

I get the stress, but Buchnevich and Zibanejad have blown just as many grade a chances this season.

gonna be a slow burn with the young wingers because of the veteran depth at that position. Kravtsov is playing well without many point for the exact same reason

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You are really going to tell us that Kakko is just being allowed to do what he wants? Really, Steven? Come on. You know better.

I am referring to the interview Kakko gave last year May where he openly complained about Quinn not allowing him to play his own style, and always forcing him to dump the puck and how he was benched every time he he lost the puck.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am referring to the interview Kakko gave last year May where he openly complained about Quinn not allowing him to play his own style, and always forcing him to dump the puck and how he was benched every time he he lost the puck.
Man, I am sorry but who friggin' cares? What freaking difference does it make what a teenager says?

Kakko's game was not made for the NHL. He came an and what made him successful in Liga would have made him an unmitigated disaster in the NHL. Quinn changed his game. That is what his job is. And Kakko is much better off for it. He is not suddenly playing a game that he has been more comfortable in the past. He has gotten more comfortable with playing a style that suits playing in the best league in the world.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Man, I am sorry but who friggin' cares? What freaking difference does it make what a teenager says?

Kakko's game was not made for the NHL. He came an and what made him successful in Liga would have made him an unmitigated disaster in the NHL. Quinn changed his game. That is what his job is. And Kakko is much better off for it. He is not suddenly playing a game that he has been more comfortable in the past. He has gotten more comfortable with playing a style that suits playing in the best league in the world.

I think a player's opinion is quite important

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think a player's opinion is quite important
I hate to say this, but a teenagers who has not played in the NHL view of things matters not at all. Kakko's game would have led him to be a superstar.....in Liga. In the NHL, he would have been an also ran. With the coaching staves help, he took his game and then changed it to what works in the NHL. It looks like it is working out for the best.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I hate to say this, but a teenagers who has not played in the NHL view of things matters not at all. Kakko's game would have led him to be a superstar.....in Liga. In the NHL, he would have been an also ran. With the coaching staves help, he took his game and then changed it to what works in the NHL. It looks like it is working out for the best.

Lot of assumptions in here. Quinn is molding him into the player Quinn wants him to be; that’s not to say another approach wouldn’t have been better or quicker.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Points are starting to accumulate. While it’s way too late, I’m glad Quinn is starting to shuffle the lines more now. The kids are all looking better. Kakko continues to be really good defensively, but now he’s starting to get on the score sheet. He’s absolutely disgusting on the boards and his stickhandling is so smooth. He needs to work on his shot and skating. Now he’s getting his points by going into the dirty areas and he’s getting legitimate results. I still want to see more. I hope the offseason improves his offensive game the way it has for his defensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->