Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Not more prone to false positives, but definitely more prone to being cautious with him at a different degree of contact tracing. Just as an example that has no specific basis in reality, they’ll put someone without his underlying conditions on the Covid list if they were in contact with someone who tested positive. But do they do it for being in contact with someone who was in contact with a positive case? They might for Kakko where they didn’t for someone else.

That’s the kind of extra caution Kakko might be facing right now. Total speculation of course... I have nothing that says this is true. But it does make sense.
Yeah this is what I assume is happening as well. The false positives thing was just a thought.

Sisu4ever

Jan 6, 2020
Just a theory, a random thought: the diabetes itself might not trigger false positives, but the medication taken might trigger.
Of course I don't know what, if any, medication is involved, and how it would affect.

I can't imagine Kakko breaking any kind of covid protocol rules, him knowing how easy it is to end up on the protocol list.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Just a theory, a random thought: the diabetes itself might not trigger false positives, but the medication taken might trigger.
Of course I don't know what, if any, medication is involved, and how it would affect.

I can't imagine Kakko breaking any kind of covid protocol rules, him knowing how easy it is to end up on the protocol list.

No, this does not happen. There is no underlying condition that triggers false testresults.

The PCR test needs to be done by a qualified healthcare provider to ensure that it's being done properly. Most false positive tests are a cause of improper testing, not actual false positive testresults.

False Positive tests are a result of either contamination during swab transfer, contaminated reagents in the PCR testing kit or other user-faults.

False negatives are a much more serious problem, for example when testing was done prior to the patient becoming contageous or infection has occured immediately after testing.

A PCR tests looks specifically for the genetic material of the SARS2-Covid19 strain.

My gf holds a PhD in molecular microbiology and this entire pandemic and everything around it is a common topic in our household.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
No, this does not happen. There is no underlying condition that triggers false testresults.

The PCR test needs to be done by a qualified healthcare provider to ensure that it's being done properly. Most false positive tests are a cause of improper testing, not actual false positive testresults.

False Positive tests are a result of either contamination during swab transfer, contaminated reagents in the PCR testing kit or other user-faults.

False negatives are a much more serious problem, for example when testing was done prior to the patient becoming contageous or infection has occured immediately after testing.

A PCR tests looks specifically for the genetic material of the SARS2-Covid19 strain.

My gf holds a PhD in molecular microbiology and this entire pandemic and everything around it is a common topic in our household.
Elaborate way to brag that you have gf

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I watched some highlights from Forsberg in a 5-0 comeback where he had a hat trick. And I can see why people compared the two with how Kakko has played this year. Kakko at his best is bull in a China shop, I'd just love to see him finish better.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I watched some highlights from Forsberg in a 5-0 comeback where he had a hat trick. And I can see why people compared the two with how Kakko has played this year. Kakko at his best is bull in a China shop, I'd just love to see him finish better.
While I see similarities, Forsberg was decidedly more of a playmaker than a scorer, which is partly why I prefer the Hossa comparison. Then there’s the physicality: Forsberg could throw the body back in the day; I don’t see Kakko doing that — though I do suspect he’ll learn to use his body more and more effectively (again like Hoss).

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That's too bad. I was hoping to have a live list, but it looks like TSN's occasional updates and watching for NHL announcements may be the best bet.
Isn't the case such that the teams post their COVID results once a day by certain deadline to the NHL, and they then announce it? It might be that the team themselves know in the morning that he's going to be off the list by evening when the list gets updated.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Isn't the case such that the teams post their COVID results once a day by certain deadline to the NHL, and they then announce it? It might be that the team themselves know in the morning that he's going to be off the list by evening when the list gets updated.

That's how it is organized, yup. I'll keep a close eye on that list for a few days and see if it does indeed change daily as guys are moved around.

There is such a big discrepancy between it and the one that TSN posted; one of them has to be off by a wide margin, and both are probably not 100% accurate.

edit - for instance, there are Devils on that CapFriendly list from Feb3 that played against us last week (Sharangovich at least).

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Quinn said he’s fine but doesn’t know yet when he’ll be back. I feel like you wouldn’t say a player early on with actually having covid is “fine” but that’s admittedly guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->