Injury Report: K.Miller - Out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Sucks for Miller, and not to be cruel, but he was playing pretty poorly this season. It's not like Bart of any other replacement would be a huge drop off. If anything, it may improve the level of play back there.

Agree. This mean McQuaid will be back with Krug and we won't have to witness the very bad McQuaid-Seids pairing anymore.

Miller is the #7. Not like we just lost Chara...

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
So much for our depth.....we're basically playing with 5 dmen every game again! ;)

What I am waiting for is for those that were claiming that the Bruins had depth to come out and walk the high wire.

At some point Svedberg was to be traded by these folks, after Johnson walked I don't know how deep they crawled.

Bruins don't have depth, what for? The coach can't deal with more than one youngster in the lineup.

acr*

Sorry. Totally uncalled for, and not remotely true.

LightenUpFrancis_zpsaad5b913.jpg

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
It is actually quite sad.

I have been around HF for about 5 years and all I can say is "give the kid a chance", any kid.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Miller played in all but 1 game.

He wasn't the #7, Bart was.

He should be #7. We have already Chara, McQuaid and Soderberg who are better than him. He's redundant in the physical department and forces Julien to play Seids-McQuaid which I hate.

If they don't think Bart is a better option, they should give Morrow/Warsofsky/Trotman and chance to see if they fit or We should just find an upgrade and a partner that will fit Seids and sit him unless there is an injury. That

Chara-Hamilton
XXX-Seids
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
One of the issues is that even an MRI might not show the extent of the damage. He might sit out for a month or two, show no improvement, and then they decide they need to open him up.

And even then, what they find when they get in there could be worse than expected.

A dislocated shoulder is ****ing devastating.

Yikes, that's bad. If i'm not mistaken, doesn't the injury also weaken the ball-socket joint and/or surrounding ligaments in a manner that leaves the person (after their initial recovery) more prone to separating that same shoulder again in the future??

Not sure how accurate that is, i never verified it but i've heard it more than once going back many years. Sounds like you would know given your experiences. Either way this is bad news... so much for the vaunted organizational depth at D that was referenced so much this offseason.

And the blue line's RH/LH-shot balance is suddenly looking lopsided, lacking right handed shooters just like the forward corps. Man this year is not off to a great start. :shakehead

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yikes, that's bad. If i'm not mistaken, doesn't the injury also weaken the ball-socket joint and/or surrounding ligaments in a manner that leaves the person (after their initial recovery) more prone to separating that same shoulder again in the future??

Not sure how accurate that is, i never verified it but i've heard it more than once going back many years. Sounds like you would know given your experiences. Either way this is bad news... so much for the vaunted organizational depth at D that was referenced so much this offseason.

And the blue line's RH/LH-shot balance is suddenly looking lopsided, lacking right handed shooters just like the forward corps. Man this year is not off to a great start. :shakehead

I had to have major surgery on both to fix the problems, so i don't know if just letting it heal naturally leaves you vulnerable. No amount of rest helped me. I got worse and worse even with no activity.

My shoulders are probably less likely than yours to pop out now, but the scar tissue still hurts and I have never gained back full range of motion (at least not without some discomfort).

I mean, I will always have some issues (I am real close to giving up my dream of making a late life run to being a major league relief pitcher), but I think ultimately he will be fine, even if he requires surgery. I just don't know if it means he will be effective this year.

Again, he is also a professional athlete and I was a high schooler.

I just know that the shoulder, as it was explained to me, is very very complicated, and obviously the MRI almost completely whiffed on me.

(I know one of them, I think the right one, had a piece of bone floating in it too. Lots of bad stuff can happen.)

It is almost impossible to describe how painful it is to dislocate your shoulder.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I had to have major surgery on both to fix the problems, so i don't know if just letting it heal naturally leaves you vulnerable. No amount of rest helped me. I got worse and worse even with no activity.

My shoulders are probably less likely than yours to pop out now, but the scar tissue still hurts and I have never gained back full range of motion (at least not without some discomfort).

I mean, I will always have some issues (I am real close to giving up my dream of making a late life run to being a major league relief pitcher), but I think ultimately he will be fine, even if he requires surgery. I just don't know if it means he will be effective this year.

Again, he is also a professional athlete and I was a high schooler.

I just know that the shoulder, as it was explained to me, is very very complicated, and obviously the MRI almost completely whiffed on me.

(I know one of them, I think the right one, had a piece of bone floating in it too. Lots of bad stuff can happen.)

It is almost impossible to describe how painful it is to dislocate your shoulder.

In your educated opinion, do you expect Miller to be back this year?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
hmmmm...

anyone know what the Islanders would want for Boychuk?

Dammit! Chia kept the receipt for Johnny tucked away in the top dresser drawer, but just like Best Buy, there's a 15 day return policy. It just ran out yesterday.

I'm not panicking yet. Remember, we lost both Quaider and Seids for most of last year. Along with Loui "Keep yer head up" Eriksson twice, and we lost Kelly for the playoffs.

I was impressed with Miller stepping it up in Boychuk's absence. Yes, there's not been a goal scored with him on the ice yet. But remember, we're in a very, very small sample. +/- is a bit silly to talk about this early in the season, IMO. He's done exactly what he's supposed to, and yeah, I don't think Bart's going to be as good in his slot.

Remember, we only need to be in the top three of the Atlantic. I think we've got everyone but Tampa Bay and Montreal covered. We're way too early to make judgments, especially when Ottawa and Nashville are near the top of their division.

I watched the video a couple times the night it happened, and once tonight - I'm assuming the injury happened when Miller hit the ice? I figured it was a shoulder thing when he wasn't returning. If it happened during the fight, I'd be pissed, but it looks like it can be chalked up to a freak fighting accident.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I typed three different responses and deleted them all.

I'd say anywhere from 2 months to the rest of the season. They might say, "Let's rest it and see if it gets better," then it doesn't so they have him go under the knife, then he is looking at a few more months, maybe the whole season.

I mean, I had my first one in July and was ready to play in November. Advantages for him: full-time access to PT and trainers, stronger to begin with, world-class athlete. Concern: higher threshold to get back to be able to withstand being an NHL defenseman.

Just so many different things that are variables.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Dammit! Chia kept the receipt for Johnny tucked away in the top dresser drawer, but just like Best Buy, there's a 15 day return policy. It just ran out yesterday.

I'm not panicking yet. Remember, we lost both Quaider and Seids for most of last year. Along with Loui "Keep yer head up" Eriksson twice, and we lost Kelly for the playoffs.

I was impressed with Miller stepping it up in Boychuk's absence. Yes, there's not been a goal scored with him on the ice yet. But remember, we're in a very, very small sample. +/- is a bit silly to talk about this early in the season, IMO. He's done exactly what he's supposed to, and yeah, I don't think Bart's going to be as good in his slot.

Remember, we only need to be in the top three of the Atlantic. I think we've got everyone but Tampa Bay and Montreal covered. We're way too early to make judgments, especially when Ottawa and Nashville are near the top of their division.

I watched the video a couple times the night it happened, and once tonight - I'm assuming the injury happened when Miller hit the ice? I figured it was a shoulder thing when he wasn't returning. If it happened during the fight, I'd be pissed, but it looks like it can be chalked up to a freak fighting accident.

Yes, I think it happened when he fell to the ice. Master of the Obvious but I'm even more pissed about the Boychuck deal now. It's early but really, what a ridiculous position to be in; from strength to weakness in a few short weeks.

Bart as a top four D just makes me so angry. It's stupid, but that's the way I feel. I'm so upset about the Boychuck deal because, again, replacing top 3 or 4 D is so difficult in season. And now you have the Miller injury.

I still have respect and trust in Peter Chiarelli, but he made a serious mistake here. I was okay with the PK and Seguin bits, for different reasons, but this one made no sense. Picks that *may* bring in forward help, but (say it with me) depleted D is now an issue.

Ugh! :rant::rant::rant::shakehead:shakehead:rant::rant::rant::help::help::help::(:(

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
With this injury, the Bruins have no chance to see what they have in Bart/Warsofsky/Morrow/Trotman or to make a trade.

The silver lining is no more McQuaid-Seids pairing...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I typed three different responses and deleted them all.

I'd say anywhere from 2 months to the rest of the season. They might say, "Let's rest it and see if it gets better," then it doesn't so they have him go under the knife, then he is looking at a few more months, maybe the whole season.

I mean, I had my first one in July and was ready to play in November. Advantages for him: full-time access to PT and trainers, stronger to begin with, world-class athlete. Concern: higher threshold to get back to be able to withstand being an NHL defenseman.

Just so many different things that are variables.

Okay. Fair enough. The most conservative response is to write him off for the entire year. :help::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->