Value of: Jvr

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
OK I've heard it all now.

Hall (signed 4 years, younger) returns Adam "freaking" Larsson (#3 guy with potential to become a #2 guy one day "maybe")

But JVR (signed 2 years and older then Hall) is going to return a true #1RHD?

:laugh::laugh:

I love this place. Classic
What is even more classic is fans of teams thinking that their RH Dman is now worth top forwards in the league. Once the Hall trade dropped there was a handful of value of threads for R.Murphy, R.Ellis. One GMs value and pressure to trade shouldn't taint the market.

Not saying JvR is worth a 1D; but hall was sold at door crasher rates while their stocks were lower than Enron.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Looking at a 1st + B+/A-prospect at the deadline in the year and half. Unless there's a good hockey trade to be made there's no point in making a futures trade unless the value blows that out of the water to account for the year and a half.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What is even more classic is fans of teams thinking that their RH Dman is now worth top forwards in the league. Once the Hall trade dropped there was a handful of value of threads for R.Murphy, R.Ellis. One GMs value and pressure to trade shouldn't taint the market.

Not saying JvR is worth a 1D; but hall was sold at door crasher rates while their stocks were lower than Enron.

One cannot help what the odd fan believes. Hall trade is an example only. Anyone saying JVR is worth a true #1rhd (which what I quoted) is just crazy..... as crazy as people believing every 2nd pairing D will return a top 5 winger.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
One cannot help what the odd fan believes. Hall trade is an example only. Anyone saying JVR is worth a true #1rhd (which what I quoted) is just crazy..... as crazy as people believing every 2nd pairing D will return a top 5 winger.

You should read it again or read my response. Let's face it you did but you are ignoring it. Of course you are though, who could blame you. Using the Hall trade as an example of anything is laughable.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015

Agreed. JVR won't return a #1d. Best bet in that regard is for a package with good RD prospect with that potential or a pick when someone with that potential is on the board. We don't NEED that right now, patience with the rebuild is still required and a prospect is much more plausible to obtain.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would gladly take JVR back on the Flyers.

-2017 1st
-Robert Hagg (B prospect) or Mark Friedman (B- prospect but RHD)
-Matt Read (two way 3rd line/PKer and cap dump with his $3.6 salary)

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You should read it again or read my response. Let's face it you did but you are ignoring it. Of course you are though, who could blame you. Using the Hall trade as an example of anything is laughable.

I cannot help if some people like yourself read things into posts that weren't stated. Believe what you like, not feeding any T's

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Agreed. JVR won't return a #1d. Best bet in that regard is for a package with good RD prospect with that potential or a pick when someone with that potential is on the board. We don't NEED that right now, patience with the rebuild is still required and a prospect is much more plausible to obtain.

Agreed.

JVR will return a decent prospect or young player and a pick (depending on the prospect/player likely a 1st or 2nd).

He will not return a true #1 rhd.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
OK I've heard it all now.

Hall (signed 4 years, younger) returns Adam "freaking" Larsson (#3 guy with potential to become a #2 guy one day "maybe")

But JVR (signed 2 years and older then Hall) is going to return a true #1RHD?

:laugh::laugh:

I love this place. Classic

Just because Chia routinely gets fleeced in deals for his young forwards doesn't mean other GMs will as well

Edit: not discussing value of JVR, just saying Chiarelli is building a history of trading young talent for lesser pieces...

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Just because Chia routinely gets fleeced in deals for his young forwards doesn't mean other GMs will as well

Edit: not discussing value of JVR, just saying Chiarelli is building a history of trading young talent for lesser pieces...

I think most us agree Oilers overpaid, my comments on that Subject are recorded on that trade thread. No one is debating that.

The point was jvr (2 years away from ufa) is not going to return a true #1 rhd. Not in a million years. But I know you agree b/c you stated you didn't want to debate his value.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think most us agree Oilers overpaid, my comments on that Subject are recorded on that trade thread. No one is debating that.

The point was jvr (2 years away from ufa) is not going to return a true #1 rhd. Not in a million years. But I know you agree b/c you stated you didn't want to debate his value.

You'd definitely need to add to JVR to get what you want. Even if you were to acquire a "top pairing right handed defenseman" versus a legit #1 guy it still requires more on top of JVR.

mytduxfan*

This has probably been asked....but can Fowler play both sides? I don't care about RHD/LHD as long as he can play both sides well.

He can, but not well. If he could play RS well, we'd probably just keep him and play him with Lindholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad