Value of: Jvr

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
first, B-prospect, NHL roster player
or
2nd, A-Prospect, NHL Roster player

I think something similar to what Lucic got the Bruins. yes JVR has one more year on his deal, but the Bruins retained 50% of Lucic's contract so I feel that helps balance that out.

buttman*

There is a post every two weeks about this. Lou is not some rookie GM. He isn't and the organization isn't going to go with 6 rookies in the top 6. Expect JVR, Kadri and Bozak to be Leafs barring some massive overpayment. Matthews, Marner, and Nylander aren't going to slide onto the top line without any growing pains. Someone will need to help the kids.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
first, B-prospect, NHL roster player
or
2nd, A-Prospect, NHL Roster player

I think something similar to what Lucic got the Bruins. yes JVR has one more year on his deal, but the Bruins retained 50% of Lucic's contract so I feel that helps balance that out.

This.

The closer to UFA he gets the value changes from say first, B-prospect, NHL roster player to 1st, B prospect, 2nd/3rd.

But either way it's more then a 3rd pairing Dman and a prospect that wouldn't even make our 1st team of pro prospects.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
A player becoming UFA in 2 years isn't worth much with the expansion draft coming next summer. Would you want to protect one less player because of him? I would not.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Ok, I want this to be thread for only non leafs fans and what they believe is fair value for JVR.
This.

The closer to UFA he gets the value changes from say first, B-prospect, NHL roster player to 1st, B prospect, 2nd/3rd.

But either way it's more then a 3rd pairing Dman and a prospect that wouldn't even make our 1st team of pro prospects.

What are you doing here?

Fowler is left handed. We don't need left handed defencemen. We need Right handed defencemen.

and you!?:rant:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
The problem with a thread like this is that just as you will get varying values from Leaf fans you will also get the same variances from Leaf haters.

It's really the level headed you want and they show up too infrequently in the trade forums.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This.

Where'd this come from?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
A player becoming UFA in 2 years isn't worth much with the expansion draft coming next summer. Would you want to protect one less player because of him? I would not.

If you're asking me if I would protect JVR before guys like Pouliout, Yakupov, Fayne, Letestu, Pitlick, Lander etc. Then the answer is an emphatic **** yes I would.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Might be able to get Eberle straight up. Maybe

The value is no doubt there. Seems like a lateral move for both teams. Toronto doesn't really need a dangle first type of player with the players they have up and coming. I'd tilt it towards JVR having more value to them than Eberle

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto

I agree that this is probably JVR's value in a 1-for-1 forward swap. As the other poster commented, it's a lateral move that the Oilers and Leafs probably wouldn't do but it's very close for value.

If the Leafs were looking for a package for their rebuild, I'd expect JVR to return a Kessel-lite package (1st + A-level prospect + decent 2nd/3rd line player depending on age).

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
There is a post every two weeks about this. Lou is not some rookie GM. He isn't and the organization isn't going to go with 6 rookies in the top 6. Expect JVR, Kadri and Bozak to be Leafs barring some massive overpayment. Matthews, Marner, and Nylander aren't going to slide onto the top line without any growing pains. Someone will need to help the kids.

Forget overpayment, the Leafs are simply not in a position to trade JvR.

Free agency is done, there are no viable replacements out there for money.

You want to do something's that close to one-for-one around a potential cornerstone defenceman to fit with Rielly/Gardiner? Sure, that's something to consider...

But, the whole # round pick + X-tier prospect + Y player that can contribute immediately isn't going to do it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Fowler is left handed. We don't need left handed defencemen. We need Right handed defencemen.

Fowler is not perfect. Neither is JVR. The OP didn't ask for trade proposals. He asked for value. Fowler straight up would be full value for JVR.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Quickly becoming the new Kaberle and I don't see why because the leafs really should be keeping him

mytduxfan*

Value-wise this may work, but since he's left handed, we'd probably pass.

Agreed, that trade doesn't make sense given you have Rielly and Gardiner on the LS. I was just thinking about value.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

why would Edmonton do that?
Positionally it would make no sense as they have Lucic and Pouliot on the left side and this would leave yak and what Kassain as their top 2 RW?

just from a value stand point as a fan of neither team I would value eberle over JVR.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
In a vacuum, I'd say a mid 1st plus a solid prospect, or a top 4d plus mid round pick.

Of course, it all depends who's buying and selling when/if they were to move him.

All that aside, I don't get why some TOR fans are hot to move him. I see him playing at a high level while the kids develop and if you resign him he would probably start to tail off while the kids hit their potential. You need experienced players for the rebuild, so why not keep him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad