TSN Radio JVR Wants To Stay - And Will Sign a Cost-Effective Deal... for 8 Years

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
JVR only had 18 assists all year so it's not like he was a playmaking machine. Pretty much net, deflect.
The difference is Kappy has speed plus D. He's trusted to PK as well so doesn't need to be sheltered.

With Kappy on the team, I have no problem letting JVR walk. Someone else can finish off those feeds from Marner or whoever. They may lose a few goals that only JVR could've deflected but that will be easily made up for on the defensive side.

They may score a few less goals but they may win a few more close games. The defensive woes of this team have to be addressed

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I don't want him back, we will end up regretting the over inflated contract he gets all for a season he will never duplicate again. Not to mention he's been apart of 2 monumental game 7 collapses now. Let him walk.

Its time to start saying sayonara to every last remaining player from that 2013 core, this includes Jake Gardiner and Tyler Bozak and most certainly Leo Komarov. I'd be willing to keep Kadri but if an offer presents itself that we can get a good D in return for him it needs to be considered too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad