News Article: JVR to The Rangers (2015) for Chris Krieder (HFBoards trade idea in 2015) ... aged well.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Here's an article from 2015 that made fun of HFBoards trade proposals.

If the HFBoards Started the Leafs Rebuild

One was JVR for Chris Kreider (left winger)

I think the Leafs are still in need of Left wingers which seemed very true over the last few years maybe less so this year.

JVR ended up just walking as we all know.

Seems trading for Krieder would have been a good idea.

Kreider stats

Chris Kreider Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Would today's Leafs be better if the Krieder JVR trade happened ?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I doubt the Leafs could afford the big 4 and Kreider with the blue line they have, so no they wouldn’t be better today

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Don't want Kreider on this team. The guy is great at putting up cy young seasons but pretty useless otherwise. Just like JVR was.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Who would it have been ?

Haven't checked actually since I admittedly was being facetious. Still felt the need to mention it though in order to give the full trade proposal its due. ;)

Interesting thread anyway.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There are a ton of cap implications to this, and likely means no Tavares. I also believe Kreider NTC consisted of all Canadian teams so who knows if he would re-sign. If anything, JVR should have been traded for pure futures, but we felt we could contend that year and didn't want to handicap ourselves.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I remember the Leafs board getting mocked on the trade board for suggesting the schenn-jvr swap months before it happened.
It was comical watching the plates of crow being served that day.

Reactions: zeke

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
As an amateur NHL draft junkie I wanted my Leafs to draft Chris Kreider with the pick they used on Nazem Kadri, in 2009, so I have been a fan prior to him being drafted.

13 years later Naz is currently 5th in NHL scoring with 62 points, and Kreider is tied with Auston Matthews with 33 goals (2nd OA) in the goal scoring race.

Last edited:
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
As an amateur NHL draft junkie I wanted my Leafs to draft Chris Kreider with the pick they used on Nazem Kadri, in 2009, so I have been a fan prior to him being drafted.

13 years later Naz is currently 5th in NHL scoring with 62 points, and Kreider is tied with Auston Matthews with 33 goals (2nd OA) in the goal scoring race.

I prefer the other draft day scenario when Brian Burke had a deal on the table for Tampa's second overall pick for Luke Schenn and the Kadri pick. Burke was famously after John Tavares, whom we eventually got, but I think Victor Hedman was the real prize that day...

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
I doubt the Leafs could afford the big 4 and Kreider with the blue line they have, so no they wouldn’t be better today

Marner would have still just demanded every remaining dollar under the cap... we'd be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad