Value of: JVR to Edmonton

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
With Hall gone, perhaps JVR holds some value to Edmonton. If Lucic doesn't sign he could provide a first line left wing roll with a low capital that would allow the Oilers to sign someone like Campbell or Demers. I'd let him go for a 2017 1st which shouldn't be as bad as it sounds given McDavid is healthy and Edmonton has filled defensive needs. Thoughts?

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
What's with all these JVR trades? He's the young big body winger that we desperately need. Have you seen Marner and Nylander?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With Hall gone, perhaps JVR holds some value to Edmonton. If Lucic doesn't sign he could provide a first line left wing roll with a low capital that would allow the Oilers to sign someone like Campbell or Demers. I'd let him go for a 2017 1st which shouldn't be as bad as it sounds given McDavid is healthy and Edmonton has filled defensive needs. Thoughts?

For the 1st?

I'd probably do it, which means you probably shouldn't.

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Given that they just traded one of the best wingers in the league for Larsson, can't see them giving up anything great for JVR. Not sure I'd even trade JVR for Larsson.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
What's with all these JVR trades? He's the young big body winger that we desperately need. Have you seen Marner and Nylander?

what do we desperately need him for? A bottom 10 finish? I'm all in favour of getting the most we can for him now, cause in 2 years he won't be a leaf anyway.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Given that they just traded one of the best wingers in the league for Larsson, can't see them giving up anything great for JVR. Not sure I'd even trade JVR for Larsson.

I believe they let Hall go as both he and McDavid are possession players and didn't gel. The BPA with their 1st rounder was a winger and moving him was the only way they saw to fill a bigger need in the back end.

I don't see why they wouldn't make a deal like this to restock that position and I could also see Toronto taking the deal in the hope that Edmonton finds a way to be terrible and gives up a high draft pick that would help them continue their rebuild. It seems like win win to me.

I love JVR but we have a lot of prospects that would work well in his role and if anything this year's playoffs proved that speed is just as helpful as size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad