JVR or Cherepanov

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Who will be the better nhler? If it comes down to washington choosing between the two I see them picking the more dynamic player in cherepanov then the safer JVR. After the agreement has been signed any chance cherry could jump over the top 3 (turris, kane, voracek)?

LeafsrGods*

Cherepanov has the better upside with a little lower downside than JVR. JVR is a safe pick, with a much lower ceiling than Cherepanov, and if Cherepanov ever becomes physical, he would be very dominating.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Cherepanov
Fehr-Semin(?)-Fleischmann

Bow down, bow down!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't think people are giving vanRiemsdyk enough credit for his skill level. I think too many people get caught in the trap of viewing player comparisons in the strict Euro vs NA mode, with all of the unfair stereotypes that typically go with each "style." Long story short, JVR and Cherepanov aren't that far apart when it comes to skill.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I doubt JVR will be on board at #5. One of Philly, Phoenix or LA will select him.

I also agree. JVR is a Philly type of player (Clarke would have definitely been interested), would be very cool seeing him beside Downie with Giroux on the other wing providing the set ups in front of the net for those two to crash and bury. JVR would also compliment Mueller very well in Phoenix, I don't think he'll get past that point. Plus I think he is a LW, and the Caps are set on the left side, they need guys on the right or another centre.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I also agree. JVR is a Philly type of player (Clarke would have definitely been interested), would be very cool seeing him beside Downie with Giroux on the other wing providing the set ups in front of the net for those two to crash and bury. JVR would also compliment Mueller very well in Phoenix, I don't think he'll get past that point. Plus I think he is a LW, and the Caps are set on the left side, they need guys on the right or another centre.

what happened to BPA???:dunno:

if JVR is still there when washington picks and he is on top of their list they will pick him even if he is LW. its a terrible mistake not to take the BPA with a top 10 pick. waaaaaaaay to early to start picking for need. plus the situation in a feaw years when the player they select is ready to contribute may be completely different. Semin may be gone by that time. IMO with a first round pick you pick the BPA every time no matter what position!!!:)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Semin played a lot towards the end of the regular season as a RWer and he played well so he could ultimately end up there. So yeah if the BPA when the caps is a LWer then you still got to take that player.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Semin played a lot towards the end of the regular season as a RWer and he played well so he could ultimately end up there. So yeah if the BPA when the caps is a LWer then you still got to take that player.

finally:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad