Plus you said it yourself the major pieces are in place

Mathews
Marner
Nylander
JVR
Rielly
Gardiner
Andersen

All the major pieces are in place with the exception of a Partner to play with Rielly you likely can't get that for Komarov himself.

Kadri just got extended for 6 years at 4.5M per and he's not even a major piece?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Some would call him that but to me a 40-45 point guy, while useful is not a core piece

Kadri will be a top 2C on the leafs for the next few years. He is for sure a core piece or else why would they give him a 6 year deal.
This upcoming year I think he is going to have a career season if he stays fit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kadri will be a top 2C on the leafs for the next few years. He is for sure a core piece or else why would they give him a 6 year deal.
This upcoming year I think he is going to have a career season if he stays fit.

Like I have said be long term deals don't mean a dam thing otherwise Richards carter and Kessel wouldn't have been dealt so soon after signing their contracts

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Like I have said be long term deals don't mean a dam thing otherwise Richards carter and Kessel wouldn't have been dealt so soon after signing their contracts

Different management signed and subsequently dealt Kessel while that is not the case with Kadri. The current management signed Kadri to a 6 year deal and unless they all get fired I expect he will stay a top 2C on the team. Just my thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad