JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

ForSpareParts*

Re: JVR Kadri Kulemin

Well we don't know what Kadri's NHL game is like at this point. I would like to see it if we have hockey in January. Both JVR and Kulemin could provide the necessary size to compliment Kadri's skill.

It's nice that the Leafs have the depth to try a line like this.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
When the Leafs start playing again, I would expect Kadri to be making the roster. I'm skeptical that it will be as a centre, however, because I don't feel his faceoff skills are quite where they would need to be.

That said, I would expect the following lines:

Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin
Kadri - McClement - van Riemsdyk
Komarov - Steckle - Brown

Assume the rest of the forwards get dealt for Luongo or something...

Bozak + MacArthur + Lombardi

Heista18*

When the Leafs start playing again, I would expect Kadri to be making the roster. I'm skeptical that it will be as a centre, however, because I don't feel his faceoff skills are quite where they would need to be.

What makes you think frattin gets ahead of jvr?

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Something along the lines of this would look good to me:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Macarthur
Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown

Only problem is our excess of forwards.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON

Connolly's contract is up at the end of this year... I would expect him to not be resigned.:laugh:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
No way Connolly is the number one center.

There is no way Frattin beats out JVR at $4.75 million and the cost of losing Schenn.I also think Kadri beats out MaCarthur who will be gone by trade deadline.When hockey comes back a number one center more than Goaltending must be his number one concern.Reimer may bounce back,but we will suck at center.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
There is no way Frattin beats out JVR at $4.75 million and the cost of losing Schenn.I also think Kadri beats out MaCarthur who will be gone by trade deadline.When hockey comes back a number one center more than Goaltending must be his number one concern.Reimer may bounce back,but we will suck at center.

If Frattin plays better than JvR at camp then I see why not.

Cap is irrelevant. Franson outplayed Komisarek and yet he sat out most of the season. Don't want a repeat of that.

By no means am I saying that JVR sucks or Frattin > JVR. But just an "if" scenario

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Something along the lines of this would look good to me:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Macarthur
Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown

Only problem is our excess of forwards.

I'd prefer something like this, Carlyle likes a defensive third line that plays a decent amount of minutes:

Lupul-Bozak(ugh)-Kessel top chemistry line, badly needs a centre.

JVR-Grabo-MacA/Kadri(I'd prefer to just trade Mac by deadline), Scoring line with okay defense. If JVR comes out exploding, this is a dangerous line.

Kulemin-Mcclement-Frattin(Strong two-way line that can score/win faceoffs)

Komarov-Steckel-Brown, Perfect 4th line on paper, energy, wins faceoffs, fights and has a bit of a scoring touch in komarov.

What I like is Frattin and Kulemin could easily bump up to the 2nd line at times, Komarov as well can play the 3rd line sometimes.

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
Personally don't see Kadri on the team. I would like to see

Lupul - Bozak (default) - Kessel
Mac - Grabo - JVR
Kulemin - McClement - Frattin
Brown - Steckle - Broll

There really is no room for Lombo or Connolly........like none at all. Love that 3rd line.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Personally don't see Kadri on the team. I would like to see

Lupul - Bozak (default) - Kessel
Mac - Grabo - JVR
Kulemin - McClement - Frattin
Brown - Steckle - Broll

There really is no room for Lombo or Connolly........like none at all. Love that 3rd line.

I think that MacA will be long gone by the time Broll is in a Leaf uniform (if)

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
I think that MacA will be long gone by the time Broll is in a Leaf uniform (if)

I put Broll in because Burke said that he would be invited to camp and Carlyle will decide to keep him or not. Supposedly Leafs brass is high on him. Would be nice on the 4th line.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I put Broll in because Burke said that he would be invited to camp and Carlyle will decide to keep him or not. Supposedly Leafs brass is high on him. Would be nice on the 4th line.
Brian Burke has always said it's the coach who decides to keep and who should be sent to the AHL or back to their Junior team. So it's nothing new that would be happening with David Broll.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

By your reasoning, Scott Gomez should have been centering the Habs first line last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad