JVR - Kadri - Kulemin

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Am I the only one that thinks that Kadri should at least see some time with Kessel and Lupul? I'm not suggesting that he should take the opening draw on opening night and stay there for the season but they could at least let our #1 forward prospect play with our best players for a while.

Lupul Kadri kessel
JVR Grabbo Kulemin
MacA MC. Fratts
Komorov Steckle Brown

7 of the bottom 9 can play decent D which makes up for the lack of D on the #1. The 4 wingers on lines 2 and 3 are capable of scoring.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks that Kadri should at least see some time with Kessel and Lupul? I'm not suggesting that he should take the opening draw on opening night and stay there for the season but they could at least let our #1 forward prospect play with our best players for a while.

Lupul Kadri kessel
JVR Grabbo Kulemin
MacA MC. Fratts
Komorov Steckle Brown

7 of the bottom 9 can play decent D which makes up for the lack of D on the #1. The 4 wingers on lines 2 and 3 are capable of scoring.

Obviously, if Kadri proves he can play center in the NHL he'll get every opportunity to earn the highest position he can.

Do you throw him into the 1st. line position without ever proving he's a NHL player?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Would just like to point out that I said Kadri will be a centre eventually when a lot of people said ," but the leafs are grooming him for the wing". I stand by that prediction.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Obviously, if Kadri proves he can play center in the NHL he'll get every opportunity to earn the highest position he can.

Do you throw him into the 1st. line position without ever proving he's a NHL player?

Nope. I just said that he should get a shot there. Not as a sink or swim type of deal, more of a giving him the tools to become a #1 ala a snipe for him to pass to and a skilled vet like Lupul on his other wing to show him the ropes.

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
lupul is done with the leafs ,will noit be returning next year, bet on it gone, bye bye

I'm assuming you know something I don't? You could be right of course but based on logic I find it hard to believe that he would leave a team that has given him a chance to play after his injury troubles in previous years and the place he had the best season of his career in.

Leafs For Life*

I would love a reason why Lupul wouldn't return. Except for the bs 'coach' reason.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I would love a reason why Lupul wouldn't return. Except for the bs 'coach' reason.

Better chance to win elsewhere
Some team wants to overpay him
Weather
Wants to be somewhere his girlfriend Cheryl Burke can better pursue her career
Doesn't like playing in the fishbowl atmosphere that is Toronto
Still does have a rift with Carlyle

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The biggest thing for Kadri here is that the other 2 guys on this line would open up so much space for him to show his skill set.

Those 2 guys are trucks and Kadri could pick up 15 assists easily, just by those guys going hard to the net.

Heista18*

The biggest thing for Kadri here is that the other 2 guys on this line would open up so much space for him to show his skill set.

Those 2 guys are trucks and Kadri could pick up 15 assists easily, just by those guys going hard to the net.

Exactly. He should feel extremely comfortable on the ice. Could you imagine him on a line with macarthur and lombardi? Not much security there to say the least!

Heista18*

Weather

That would be terrible... We can't afford to lose a forward like that right now.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Weather

Solution:

Trade him back to ANA for round 3. He can get 5 of the above 6 and we get Getz:sarcasm:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Weather

I really don't think its that simple, from the outside looking in Lupul seems to enjoy playing in Toronto. This team gave him a shot and rejuvenated his career and I'd bet Lupul is a smart enough guy to know that the chemistry he has with Kessel has a large part in that. He was invited to the All-star game as a leaf, hes becoming a fan favorite, and the leafs will offer him a good contract. I don't know about you but personally when I get traded in a package me+prospect for a poorly playing Beauchemin and within the year end up a first liner with PPG numbers I'm staying put. Furthermore (if this even matters) he's Canadian, the weather is what he's known his entire life.

Last edited:

Heista18*

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-MacArthur
Frattin-McClement-Kulemin
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

All 3 lines can score.

Deadly third line... Not in a good way. Ugly combination and check out mcclements point totals when you get a chance. He's a pk 4th line guy only.

Put kadri In his place atleast if you want 3 scoring lines. That second line also wouldn't work.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Weather

Better chance to win elsewhere- arguable if we get Luongo, Plus I dont think
Some team wants to overpay him- non-issue when you're making 4.5 mil already, is he really gonna leave just to make an extra 500k?
Weather- Minus Anaheim, he's only played in cold weather areas
Wants to be somewhere his girlfriend Cheryl Burke can better pursue her career- no idea about this.
Doesn't like playing in the fishbowl atmosphere that is Toronto-Has never said anything like this, seemed to like the attention at the all-star game, I've seen him at the bars a few times too.
Still does have a rift with Carlyle- I dont think the rift was that big.

You dont just up and leave a team like Toronto, especially when you just had your career year. This is the kind of team that makes you a well known hero if you just make the playoffs now. Not to mention we actually give him top line minutes, other teams treat him like a secondary guy.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-MacArthur
Frattin-McClement-Kulemin
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

All 3 lines can score.

Man, I hope that those won't be our 3 top Cs whenever the NHL resume again. Yikes! There better be improvements there. You can't expect to do much when your C depth looks like this. No way.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It sounds like an interesting combo but Kulemin would be really overworked in the corners.

Lupes - Bozak - Kess
JVR - Grabo - Frattin
Kulemin - Kadri - Macarthur
Brown - Mclement - Steckel

Lomardi to the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad