Value of: Juuso Valimaki

Bond

May 10, 2012
Just wondering what people think on his value due to his injuries.
Currently rehabbing after an ACL injury. Do you think his value has drastically decreased or is about the same.
He was looking like a surefire top-4 dman

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
His value isn't high at all. Flames would be stupid to trade him right now. Let him rehab and develop if that is the route they want to go unless they are sure he will bust, then deal him.

But these kinds of injuries are hard to come back from, especially when you miss a year of critical development. He has to prove he can perform when he comes back before his trade value is high.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
If he is injured, they won't get full value for him. Flames won't trade him regardless.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not a ton value ATM. Well regarded prospect, but hasn't shown much at the NHL level and injured.

He also just turned 21, so there isn't any real reason to move him.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not many teams will trade for a player after a serious injury like that. Team will want to see his speed after his rehab. Quite a few players lost a step after that kind of surgery.

If a team wanted to gamble, I'd say a late first, but it does not make much sense to trade for an injured player that probably won't play in the NHL this year.

Before the injury, I would have been a fan of a swap with a quality forward prospect like Nick Suzuki in Montreal or Jesper Boqvist+ from NJ.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
He looked great in NHL time last year. He's going to be a top pairing dman in this league.

Flames weren't going to give him up for Mark Stone, so think of that if you want to consider return for Calgary

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
But these kinds of injuries are hard to come back from, especially when you miss a year of critical development. He has to prove he can perform when he comes back before his trade value is high.

You literally know nothing about the details of Valimaki's injury. Many people come back stronger than before after surgery/rehab.

I do agree that he has to prove himself after coming back from the injury though.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
\

Before the injury, I would have been a fan of a swap with a quality forward prospect like Nick Suzuki in Montreal or Jesper Boqvist+ from NJ.

Valimaki's value was higher than either of those forward prospects, prior to his injury.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Not many teams will trade for a player after a serious injury like that. Team will want to see his speed after his rehab. Quite a few players lost a step after that kind of surgery.

If a team wanted to gamble, I'd say a late first, but it does not make much sense to trade for an injured player that probably won't play in the NHL this year.

I would of laughed you off with those prospects lol think Kot for Vali

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
His value is an untouchable unless a ridiculous offer comes in for him. He is a key piece for the Flames going forward so no reason at all to trade him.

A late 1st or Nick Suzuki are ridiculously bad offers for him.

Reactions: FameFlame069

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He looked great in NHL time last year. He's going to be a top pairing dman in this league.

Flames weren't going to give him up for Mark Stone, so think of that if you want to consider return for Calgary

Great by what metric? And how is he going to be a top pair D in the league. He struggled last season quite mightly in sheltered minutes.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Value of Välimäki to Flames? basically huge overpayment needed, Flames have absolutely no need to trade him. Value of Välimäki to some other team, as in what they would be willing to pay? not much, still a prospect and who knows how this injury affects him.

Two completely different valuations, both are correct, stupid thread

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Always seemed vanilla to me. I think he'll top out as a #3 if he can stay healthy imo, but that is a big if.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Great by what metric? And how is he going to be a top pair D in the league. He struggled last season quite mightly in sheltered minutes.

What metric do you want to explain that? You can't just look at stats. You have to watch him play. We know Flames management considers him completely untouchable based on how he played last year. If he truly "struggled mightly", Flames would have traded him for Mark Stone.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s going to be a stud. Does everything well. Puts up points, defends great, great skater. But what separates him from most of the other young D who can claim those things? He is a big strong man who wins puck battles. Kinda why he reminds me of Giordano. Just no weaknesses.

After Andersson, Hanifin and Valimaki, we have Kylington and then Yelesin, then nothing at all in terms of D prospects. It’s nice that We likely already have a future top 4 but we seriously lack youthful depth on the blue line after that. No way we can trade Valimaki.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

It what universe did he struggle?

He was very good if not great in the time he spent in the NHL.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Nah, I still wouldn't trade Valimaki +Andersson + picks for Stone for one year since I doubt we could afford him, and then we'd be out our top two defensive prospects.

Well, assuming it was strictly a rental then I suppose that’s a different case. But if Stone were willing to extend, it was a huge mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->