Confirmed with Link: Juuso Riikola re-signed (1yr/850k)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting, so we are keeping Riikola and Ruhwedel. Which is OK. Someone´s gotta go as there is no way that this defense stays the same.

If 1 person goes, then it's still the same. :laugh:

What ideally happens is that Maatta and Johnson go and JR finds a high impact partner for Schultz, so we can ride the hell out of that top four.

BUT, whether or not JR does that, my question is whether this time Sullivan will have any inclination to let Riikola learn and play through his mistakes, because I saw some promise there.

I love the fact Guerin makes that quote about him, all the while our organization decided to bury him in the minors instead of playing him ahead of guys who DON'T possess those attributes Guerin mentions.

Or to put it more bluntly . . . :laugh:

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If 1 person goes, then it's still the same. :laugh:

What ideally happens is that Maatta and Johnson go and JR finds a high impact partner for Schultz, so we can ride the hell out of that top four.

BUT, whether or not JR does that, my question is whether this time Sullivan will have any inclination to let Riikola learn and play through his mistakes, because I saw some promise there.

Or to put it more bluntly . . . :laugh:

Don’t be surprised if JJ or Maatta goes and that’s all that’s done...remember JR loves this defense...I see no encouraging signs that a very good PMD is being brought in this summer..have to hope Riikola improves as does MP

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pretty obvious they're trying to move someone. If it wasn't for Kessel's NTC Johnson would already be gone

They have to get rid of multiple defenseman at this point IMO. It's not just 1, I think they'd probably prefer to not have 8 D again next year.

Just run with this and I'll be happy:

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Schultz
Riikola-Gudbranson
Ruhwedel

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don’t be surprised if JJ or Maatta goes and that’s all that’s done...remember JR loves this defense...I see no encouraging signs that a very good PMD is being brought in this summer..have to hope Riikola improves as does MP

Actually, that's all I expect.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Andy99

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
This kid is going to blossom trust me. He's very good.

Naw, because he'll be buried and not given any chances with this backlog of mediocre defensemen.

I mean JJ and Maata both blew chunks in their 3 playoff appearances. Sullivan had a choice to sit both their sorry butts in favor of a guy like Rikko to really send a message.

But at least our elimination confirmed that neither is a long term solution on this team. Too bad Sullivan and comp don't see that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->