NHL Totals321 SO16GAA
13012447SV%
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Career: Saros
NHL TotalsGP 156SO 14GAA 2.50764817SV%
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Crow

May 19, 2014
I believe Lehner is the better goalie but has had mostly worse D in front of him.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I've never had total trust in Lehner. I'm pulling for him quite often, since I kind of like him as a person. But I just don't know if he's ever really been as good as he seems. Playoff Lehner has had a LOT of bad games. Voted Saros.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I've never had total trust in Lehner. I'm pulling for him quite often, since I kind of like him as a person. But I just don't know if he's ever really been as good as he seems. Playoff Lehner has had a LOT of bad games. Voted Saros.

Exactly my feelings. He always puts up fine numbers, but I feel like I never trust him the way I trust other above average #1 goalies. I really feel like if he wasn't huge, he'd be strictly a backup goaltender. Gives up a questionable goal quite often and his weight cuts some quickness. Love his competitiveness though.

Saros is no doubt the more technically talented goaltender. But size limits him from being one of the best. He can't really "stare down" teams and make them feel like there's no white to shoot at.

Tough to say right now, Lehner is 30, he is what he is. Saros I feel like I want to see one full season as the starter now to really evaluate his game, but last season was solid at least. If that positive trajectory continues, then he's my pick.

Reactions: User9992 and banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad