Value of: Juuse Saros, Eeli Tolvanen, 2021 first

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Mantha is a guy who I'd go after hard. Perfect for that 2LW spot.

Ingram + Tolvanen + '21 1st? Too much?

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
That package makes no sense. Managemwnt thinks Tolvanen will slot next Duchene next season, but I don't think his trade value is that of a top 6 winger yet. 2021 first rounder when team is heading to a retool and Saros is the only goalie in the team that can be trusted to stay consistent 90+% sv over a season.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Would need more for me to consider moving Hertl. Tolvanen is a great prospect, but that first would probably be pretty late and Saros while good doesn’t have that much value (no goalie does). Unless we are attaching Jones to Hertl as well I wouldn’t move him for that.

With only 2 years remaining until Hertl hits UFA, is he expected to sign an extension, or is he likely to be traded before his contract expires?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With only 2 years remaining until Hertl hits UFA, is he expected to sign an extension, or is he likely to be traded before his contract expires?
I’d think sign an extension. Since there is 2 years remaining and they’re technically not able to discuss it until there’s a year or less left, there hasn’t been any rumors/questions/etc.. All signs point to him loving SJ and wanting to stay though.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
In all seriousness for a team to give up a good top line forward they would have to see Saros as their #1 guy. I don't think Tolvanen has all that much value right now.

Problem is most teams have their goalie for the next year and/or beyond.

I guess maybe Detroit could send Mantha and Bernier if they can't get a good deal done with Mantha, but is this the best offer they could get that's another question.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Too risky moving Saros and rolling with Rinne until Askarov is NHL starter ready in ATLEAST a few years IMO

Unless people figure Ingram has #1 potential to fill in that few years till Askarov is ready to roll

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Too risky moving Saros and rolling with Rinne until Askarov is NHL starter ready in ATLEAST a few years IMO

Unless people figure Ingram has #1 potential to fill in that few years till Askarov is ready to roll

Ingram might have no.1 potential, but as of now he's played a total of zero NHL games, and Rinne was sub .900% with a 3.00+ GAA last year and he's not getting any younger.
So if we're moving Saros we definitely wouldn't be including our first.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Nobody is going to give a 1st liner for a 1b goalie a struggling prospect and a 1st. Very weird package

Reactions: Fantomas

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
some nice forwards being offered, but if i'm nashville i'd be very careful about including that first. Preds are prime candidate to have a 2019-2020 SJ type year and that could be a lottery pick. i think many posters see that too with these offers

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Great question. Id assume hes open to it, he loves SJ. However with Pavs and Jumbo gone and the team going downhill maybe that has changed. If he doesnt sign an extension, id expect him traded next summer or the deadline after it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad