Prospect Info: Justus Annunen (G) (2018 64th overall)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I see this

bournemouth_1.jpg
Now we know what Martin will sound like after his voice breaks.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya, it's pretty insane.

Still a small sample size, but the thing I like most about his stats this year is just how much better he is than the other goalie on Karpat. They both have 7 starts now and Annunen has a 0.8 GAA, .959 sv%, and he's 5-0-2. While the other guy has a 1.8 GAA and a .920 sv%.

Big difference. And the other goalie actually played in the AHL last year and put up decent numbers(2.49 GAA .908 sv%) on a fairly pedestrian Grand Rapids team.

Obviously that doesn't automatically mean Juustus could come over and put up great numbers right away in the AHL but it is an encouraging sign that he's playing so well relative to his peer.

I'm excited to watch him and Ranta play for the Finns in just over 2 months from now at the World Juniors. With Byram almost certainly playing for Team Canada, and Zhuravlyov on Russia we'll once again have quite a few prospects to watch in the tournament.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Whoops, I thought "Justus" was just the Finnish spelling for "Justice," turns out the Finnish word for that is oikeudenmukaisuus.
Well, what else would it be?
Ya, it's pretty insane.

Still a small sample size, but the thing I like most about his stats this year is just how much better he is than the other goalie on Karpat. They both have 7 starts now and Annunen has a 0.8 GAA, .959 sv%, and he's 5-0-2. While the other guy has a 1.8 GAA and a .920 sv%.

Big difference. And the other goalie actually played in the AHL last year and put up decent numbers(2.49 GAA .908 sv%) on a fairly pedestrian Grand Rapids team.

Obviously that doesn't automatically mean Juustus could come over and put up great numbers right away in the AHL but it is an encouraging sign that he's playing so well relative to his peer.

I'm excited to watch him and Ranta play for the Finns in just over 2 months from now at the World Juniors. With Byram almost certainly playing for Team Canada, and Zhuravlyov on Russia we'll once again have quite a few prospects to watch in the tournament.
Only 1.8, .920? Pshh, what a scrub.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Poor Ottawa if Justus pans out. The Avalanche getting another piece from the Duchene trade. :laugh:

Everyone here (and it looks like the Avs front office too was determined they take a goalie with one of those 2nd round picks. Well they took two (and Zhurulov) and they both look good so far.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So I think it's worth mentioning that after 13 games this season, Annunen is at .947 sv% and 1.26 GAA. Season's still young, but as it stands, both are the all-time best goaltending statistics in Liiga history. And then we take into account that he's 19 years of age and you start wondering when he is actually going to come over and give NHL a try.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
So I think it's worth mentioning that after 13 games this season, Annunen is at .947 sv% and 1.26 GAA. Season's still young, but as it stands, both are the all-time best goaltending statistics in Liiga history. And then we take into account that he's 19 years of age and you start wondering when he is actually going to come over and give NHL a try.
In like 3-4 years.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Poor Ottawa if Justus pans out. The Avalanche getting another piece from the Duchene trade. :laugh:

Everyone here (and it looks like the Avs front office too was determined they take a goalie with one of those 2nd round picks. Well they took two (and Zhurulov) and they both look good so far.
If you, or someone else could what did who did we actually draft and or trade for with those picks from the Duchene trade?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Impressive stuff. Is he playing on a loaded team?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Those would be amazing stats in any league... and at 19 damn we may have actually drafted a goalie worth a damn for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->