News Article: Justin Williams May be Done

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Love JDub and everything he was a part of here.

Don’t know if it’s the end for him but, if so he’s gone out on his own terms and has had a very successful career. Best of luck and thanks for everything Mr. Game 7.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be content to just put up like a 30-40 point season.

If he's not feeling it, he's waaaayyy too competitive to just play out the string.

Reactions: MxH0CKEY

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hang em up Willy.

We probably don't win a cup in 2012 if it wasn't for you and we def. wouldn't have won another in 2014 without you.

Little did we know how much of a leader you really were to The Kings until you left.

Godspeed Mr Game 7.

MxH0CKEY

Aug 27, 2008
Planet Earth
How can I downvote a post?

Williams was an extremely likeable and impactful player for the few years he was with us. Kings' fans will be "eulogizing" Williams for decades, and for good reason.

Kings have never been able to fill the leadership voids by J-Dub and Willie Mitchell on the back end and it shows. These are guys that are needed to win the cup and Kings fans should always be grateful for their time here.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Chances of his jersey being retired?

Should be zero.

And this coming from someone who thinks he was DL's best move in 10 years running the Kings. But jersey retirements should be for iconic players, exactly why #4 should never have been retired. It's tougher with a guy like JDub because he probably deserves more than a "Legends Night" but less than a jersey retirement.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Should be zero.

And this coming from someone who thinks he was DL's best move in 10 years running the Kings. But jersey retirements should be for iconic players, exactly why #4 should never have been retired. It's tougher with a guy like JDub because he probably deserves more than a "Legends Night" but less than a jersey retirement.

I agree, but I also wonder how many Conn Smythe winners haven't had their jerseys retired? I'm sure it's a very short list.

Maybe he shouldn't have won it, though, and the guys that should have will almost certainly have their jerseys retired in Kopitar and Doughty--just thinking aloud, I say that as a huge Williams fan.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Should be zero.

Yeah, this is why some teams do the whole "ring of honor thing". I mean, they already let Leipsic wear his number, doubt very much it would ever go to the rafters. In Carolina maybe, but unless he comes back this year he had as many years here as he did there so that's not even a given.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How can I downvote a post?

Williams was an extremely likeable and impactful player for the few years he was with us. Kings' fans will be "eulogizing" Williams for decades, and for good reason.

No question, but then I guess we shouldn't be surprised or hold it against DL for not being able to let go either.

Also good to know there are guys that can keep producing into their late 30's, even on a quality team.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I dislike the retirement of numbers. It's rather pessimistic, and this coming from someone who's cynical quite a bit.

Honoring players by hanging a jersey in the rafters, I can get behind. But flat out retirement? meh.

Kinda wish Kobe would have taken 23. MJ, Lebron, Kobe...all wearing 23. You're either a fool to wear that number.....or the
goat_1f410.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad