Justin Vaive vs. Rick Vaive?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So, when Paul Stastny skates for Canada in the next Olympics, I'm sure you'll note the unfairness of the situation and demand that he play for the Czech Republic.

Well, to be fair he is obligated to play for the U.S. since he suited up for them at last year's Worlds. Also, his background is Slovakian.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Eric's dad was Canadian.

I mean,you would think we'd get the odd American player who chooses to stay up here to live and his young pup plays for us...............it's only fair!!But i've never seen it.

Florida,it's Florida..........................can't compete with Florida.

I'm sure of it.

Miami University where Justin plays is in Ohio, not the University of Miami in Miami Florida.

AgentOrange*

Not funny at all.

Geez,i know the weathers better down there but cmon!!!

So sad.

I could live with it if some of their guys who play up here stayed here and their kids played for us but i've yet to see one example of that yet.

Makes a guy shake his head.Is life that much better down there?

Hasnt the current trend been going to Universities in the States because atleast they can get a good education in the process.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Guess I messed that up big time, then. Wasn't he born in Canada while Peter was a Nordique?

Correct. He was actually eligible to play for Canada, U.S. or Slovakia in international play. He's lived most of his life in the U.S. and had the best opportunity to suit up for them in international play which is why he went in that direction.

JWINK19

southern Devils fan
Dec 31, 2005
Wilmington, NC
Correct. He was actually eligible to play for Canada, U.S. or Slovakia in international play. He's lived most of his life in the U.S. and had the best opportunity to suit up for them in international play which is why he went in that direction.

Thanks for the info. The Czech thing was 50/50 without actually looking and I picked the wrong one.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
So, when Paul Stastny skates for Canada in the next Olympics, I'm sure you'll note the unfairness of the situation and demand that he play for the Czech Republic.

He'd have to make the team first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad