Player Discussion Justin Schultz

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
So how we feeling about Schultz? Havent noticed him much the last couple of games honestly unless its on the PP but hes had a good start 13 games in. Small sample size but hes been a plus player imo.

Look forward to him doing some damage tonight.
Doesnt f*** himself up like Green used to do. Smart player. Kind of fits with any other defender Caps have. Lots of options.
Playoffs will tell the story though.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Doesnt f*** himself up like Green used to do. Smart player. Kind of fits with any other defender Caps have. Lots of options.
Playoffs will tell the story though.

Yeah he seems to known when to join the rush and know when he can dip down below the circles and when he should be more conservative. I like his decision in the offensive zone, makes a quick decision to throw it on net or pass, doesnt get too cute down there.

Doesnt jump out as a physical D man like Dillon or Chara.

I like our D lineup. Just wish on the PK theyd stick closer to the posts and dont get sucked up watching the puck, leaving guys behind them.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
With a few notable (Jagr) and minor (Cooke) exceptions, we seem to have a knack for taking the Pens discards and getting serious value out of them (Orpik, Nisky, Schultz, Sheary). Who am I missing of note?

If Schultz stays healthy he will be a must re-sign when his paid tryout ends :D
Reirden?

or is that now the shoe on the other foot??

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: Calicaps

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Seems to be the advantage Schultz has in Washington is our left-side is generally reliable – he's played with Dillon and Chara, who are both smart players who don't get themselves out of position too often, and Orlov who makes a concerted effort to get back in time. I think it's fair to assume he didn't have that in Jack Johnson last year.

Hah, it remains to be seen who will get the better of the other ones castoff with Todd. He was a pretty solid assistant for us but that may just have been Barry's coattails.

Watching the Isles' defensive prowess under Trotz, and then looking at Washington under HCTR and the Pens under ACTR, I think it's clear that Reirden's strength is in player management and player development, not strategy. He made a great double act with Trotz and that ultimately worked out for us, but I can't help but think the reason he pounced on a job as an assistant within an hour of being fired is he himself realised he wasn't up to the job.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Schultz is a smart and decisive player with decent all-around skills. PMD with good chemistry.

Worth the $$$.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's weird how almost everyone was so angry about the signing. Lol. (I wasn't too pleased, admittedly.)

He's been very good. :)

That signing was clearly a, what dont we know here?, signing. He was billed as having damaged wheels. His skating was his game and he couldnt skate anymore. Right? So, then first day of camp Samatha says she and TEB were talking about how elite his skating is. I was like...well, if he sucked because he couldnt skate and now he is an elite skater then....

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So how we feeling about Schultz? Havent noticed him much the last couple of games honestly unless its on the PP but hes had a good start 13 games in. Small sample size but hes been a plus player imo.

Look forward to him doing some damage tonight.

He was playing with Chara and is now playing with Orlov. Different dynamic entirely

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If we knew something about the game, guys...

cut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad