Justin Schultz

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Do you think he now regrets going to the Oilers after it looks like they are still at square 1 of their 8-9 year (so far) rebuild and the Ducks at least look like a perennial playoff team for the near future.
No. He's earning money he wouldn't have gotten in Anaheim, and has guarnateed ice time.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Don't care. Considering our team right now, I'm not really convinced we'd have been better with him.

Ducksgo*

Don't care. Considering our team right now, I'm not really convinced we'd have been better with him.

Agree with Soj. Super over it. To much youth movement to go around as is. He would be a second topic. Would it be nice if he gave a winning team a chance? Maybe? But it's nothing to write home about. Good post Soj

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'd actually say he did a pretty good job judging how he would have ranked relative to his competition in our system. I doubt any of us would have thought that Magnus would surpass him this year. Maybe he did.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Uh well. After watching him try to play defense after four years of conditioning in the NCAA, I feel like we kind of dodged a bullet. Though Schultz would have been a great help to our powerplay I think.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I'm definitely bitter about Edmonton making a big deal about it. In terms of Schultz, I feel bad for him since he has to play with the Oilers. If he did sign with Anaheim, chances are he would be in the AHL.

DaDucks*

Umm what?

Absolutely 100% regret.
As long as Edmonton keeps losing.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'm sure that there is some regret.

No doubt. What certainly worked out for him is the estimate of getting big minutes right away and being able to contribute offensively, which was always the far biggest reason for him moving. But there's no way he didn't expect to win a lot more games with any team he would go to. I really wonder what the Oilers will look like next season, in terms of personnel rather than suckiness. Then again, MacT saying he hopes the Smid trade will have been the last one for a long time... well, that would probably mean they'll have had another coach hired next summer and be sick of him by November.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
No. He's earning money he wouldn't have gotten in Anaheim, and has guarnateed ice time.

That's not at all true. Murph offered him the same money and the same ice-time. There are some moves that would not have been made had he actually signed here, Souray for instance. Yes he's stinking it defensively in Edmonton but that is just a poorly run organization from top to bottom. I think he'd be a much more effective player here than with the Oilers.

But this is all totally moot and I relish in his misfortune (expect his injury. I'd never wish harm on a player).

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I don't care how he feels, he has made a large wager with his life, if Anaheim makes it to SCF and or win it then he looks like an idiot, if somehow Edmonton makes it to the SCF then he looks like a hero to the Oilers. Of course now to most ducks fan...everyone needs a villain.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I hate to say it's great that the Oilers are terrible, but it's great that Schultz is on a terrible team.

It was a match made in heaven. Haven't liked the club ever since the Burke-Lowe dispute over the Penner signing. God, how right Burke was on some of those things. And years later, the Oil looks to have been "run into the sewer" as Burkie put it back then under Lowe more than ever. And that Pejorative Slur still has press conferences reminding people of his Stanley Cup wins as a player in desperate attempts to create any idea of authority... :laugh:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
That's not at all true. Murph offered him the same money and the same ice-time. There are some moves that would not have been made had he actually signed here, Souray for instance. Yes he's stinking it defensively in Edmonton but that is just a poorly run organization from top to bottom. I think he'd be a much more effective player here than with the Oilers.

But this is all totally moot and I relish in his misfortune (expect his injury. I'd never wish harm on a player).
No, he got more money by going FA. It's not in Bob's character to guarantee rookies ice time, he told him they needed him, i.e. player of his profile. I'm sure that didn't mean "you'll play no matter what".

Honestly, I really don't care. Best revenge is living well.

Ducksgo*

I'm sure that there is some regret.

Ehhh it's a second topic to me. Our team is winning. Having youth movement grab the chains after having our Captain down and out. Norfolk is potent for anymore injuries. Yah I'm on a tangent. But anyways

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
No doubt. What certainly worked out for him is the estimate of getting big minutes right away and being able to contribute offensively, which was always the far biggest reason for him moving. But there's no way he didn't expect to win a lot more games with any team he would go to. I really wonder what the Oilers will look like next season, in terms of personnel rather than suckiness. Then again, MacT saying he hopes the Smid trade will have been the last one for a long time... well, that would probably mean they'll have had another coach hired next summer and be sick of him by November.
I wonder if he was swayed a bit by media speculation. Everyone was buying into the Oilers being on the cusp of greatness with all of their high draft picks, whereas on the rare occasions that we were mentioned it was always a message of no hope.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm definitely bitter about Edmonton making a big deal about it. In terms of Schultz, I feel bad for him since he has to play with the Oilers. If he did sign with Anaheim, chances are he would be in the AHL.

At least he'd be winning. Ba-dum tshh.

There's no way Murray guaranteed him ice time. And Souray was a signing to address size and shooting from the back end. So no.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't think he really regrets passing on us, but I do think he wishes he would have signed with someone else.

I personally think he would be on our team. The pressure is getting to him (I ****ing love it), but I think he'd do better here. I think he'd be in over Vatanen. Oh well, I hope he becomes an AHL captain. Will continue to give him **** on his twitter until his traitor ass blocks me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad