Justin Schultz must regret playing for the worst team instead of the best in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
That's party because as fans we are tired of seeing talent ruined there. They aren't even a good feeder team for the rest of the league it's almost said. That and how many top pick will it take the oiler getting till they actually improve.

feel free to send some management our way, signing guys like Ference and Nikitin for stupid amounts of cash when they shouldn't even be in the league anymore is a common theme in Edmonton.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Why wouldn't I be? This site tries to make it seem like Anaheim's fanbase is a bunch of uninformed Californian suburbanites who have nothing better to do than barely pack Honda Center.

well you guys did boo Nick Schultz for an entire game......:shakehead

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Honestly, it's a far more understandable mistake than some are suggesting.

Nick Schultz wore 15. Justin wears 19. Maybe over the television you shouldn't be making that mistake, but live at the game? I think a few boos can be explained. The embarrassing thing here is trying to focus on that mistake while your organization flounders and has continued to flounder for going on, what? 8 years?

we were focusing on the lack of hockey knowledge in most of the California fan bases.... which you can't argue against, there are plenty of blunders by the media down south when it comes to hockey, booing the wrong player for an entire game is just another drop in the bucket. We have no control over what decisions our organization makes hence the outrage in Edmonton right now

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
He's not that bad. Why does it shock everyone players look bad on bad teams. Especially someone like Schlutz.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
we were focusing on the lack of hockey knowledge in most of the California fan bases.... which you can't argue against, there are plenty of blunders by the media down south when it comes to hockey, booing the wrong player for an entire game is just another drop in the bucket. We have no control over what decisions our organization makes hence the outrage in Edmonton right now

Sure you guys do. Don't go to their games. My experience is that Edmonton also suffers from a lack of hockey knowledge. I find that there is an over reliance on advanced stats with a number of Oilers fans.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Fowler Vatanen and Lindholm are all much better and younger. If anything, the Ducks lucked out.

Fowler is just as bad at defense. Only difference is the team they play for, the perception he isn't a "team guy", and Fowler never had the option to sign anywhere he wanted.

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site
And I thought this thread had hit rock bottom at that Schultz>Beauchemin claim. Absurd beyond belief.

Doubly ridiculous when just a few posts earlier you have psomeone taking shots at lack of hockey knowledge in California. Clearly, lack of hockey knowledge exists in abundance everywhere.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fowler is just as bad at defense. Only difference is the team they play for, the perception he isn't a "team guy", and Fowler never had the option to sign anywhere he wanted.

Fowler regularly sees top competition in Anaheim. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but Fowler is quite good defensively. The complaints you'll see about him from Anaheim fans is that he needs to get more involved offensively. If you're knocking him defensively, I have to wonder how much you see of him, and whether you're just judging him by the criticisms back in 2010.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Nah it's kinda embarrassing and funny at the same time. No big deal but worth a laugh. No one will remember this in a couple years.

Tip: don't come. It's just normal that a hockey forum reflects what happen in the NHL.

Merry Christmas.

Don't come to the main boards? That's a terrible solution. It's one thing to talk about what happens in the NHL, another thing entirely to create a **** ton of threads on the Oilers, all of which are just filled with mocking instead of discussion.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
With how up in arms ducks fans get on the topic of Schultz, I don't think they are yet over it. Like an ex who looks you up on Facebook every couple months to see if there is pics with you and a new girl

Analyzer*

With how up in arms ducks fans get on the topic of Schultz, I don't think they are yet over it. Like an ex who looks you up on Facebook every couple months to see if there is pics with you and a new girl

Bottom line, Schultz sucks and in all likelihood helped Vatanen make the team and be the player he is today.

You know, a much better player than Schultz.

The guy is so bad defensively.

SenatorArmy*

Justin Schultz is an amazing player on a terrible team. Probably the best defenseman to come along in the past 30+ years.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even after leaving Anaheim, it was between the Oilers and the Rangers. He chose the Oilers, saying they'd be better in 3 years. Well done, Justin. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad