Justin Schultz must regret playing for the worst team instead of the best in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

Even funnier when we had Nick Schultz on the team and he'd get booed every time he touched the puck at Honda Center. If only we could have acquired Jeff too.

As to the OP, I highly doubt he regrets his choice for a second. Over 5 mil in career earnings already, making 3.675 this year, and has to be qualified at the same amount. Had he stayed in Anaheim he'd likely have under a million career earnings at this point (185,000 for the 2 ELC years combined signing bonus, about the same amount for his AHL wage, maybe sprinkle in an extra 200,000 he'd make while called up). Zero chance at hitting the ELC bonuses, and his contract for this year might have been 1 mil if he were lucky. Better tax rate in Edmonton as well. He knew what he was doing when he made his decision, doubt there's even the slightest regret.

Even funnier, is thinking Anyone outside of Edmonton should know about the two different Schultz's on the team.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Even funnier, is thinking Anyone outside of Edmonton should know about the two different Schultz's on the team.

I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but as an average hockey fan I can at least pride myself in knowing most players in the league. Not knowing there's two Schultz' on a team when you're trying to boo the crap out of one of them is embarrassing, no excuses can be made here. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but as an average hockey fan I can at least pride myself in knowing most players in the league. Not knowing there's two Schultz' on a team when you're trying to boo the crap out of one of them is embarrassing, no excuses can be made here. :laugh:

Oh give it a rest. They made that mistake for a few shifts and then figured it out. Not everyone in the arena is gonna care about the rosters of the rest of the league. Given how clueless this site thinks our fans are I'm surprised no one is impressed that most of the crowd knew why they had to boo someone named Schultz.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Oh give it a rest. They made that mistake for a few shifts and then figured it out. Not everyone in the arena is gonna care about the rosters of the rest of the league. Given how clueless this site thinks our fans are I'm surprised no one is impressed that most of the crowd knew why they had to boo someone named Schultz.

I'm just defending another poster, not the original person to bring it up. Stop being so defensive about your fanbase :nod:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Funny enough, Karma has hit Justin Schultz pretty hard. How embarrassing it is for him to bail out like that in Anaheim, the best team right now and possible chance at the cup.

Not to mention, there is a good chance that if he stayed with Anaheim, his development would have possibly gone as expected and by now, he could have possibly been one of the better young defender.

gee another bashing oiler thread--been awhile

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
This thread is hilarious, half the people calling Schutlz a slime ball are the same people saying McDavid should refuse to report to Edmonton if he gets drafted here.

That's party because as fans we are tired of seeing talent ruined there. They aren't even a good feeder team for the rest of the league it's almost said. That and how many top pick will it take the oiler getting till they actually improve.

Last edited:

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Looks good on him.

Can't stand athletes who think they're entitled to dictate where they play, before they've had a second of playing time. Didn't like it when Elway, Lindros, and Eli did it, and Justin bloody Schultz sure doesn't rate a pass.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I don't think that's the embarrassing thing here.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm just defending another poster, not the original person to bring it up. Stop being so defensive about your fanbase :nod:

Why wouldn't I be? This site tries to make it seem like Anaheim's fanbase is a bunch of uninformed Californian suburbanites who have nothing better to do than barely pack Honda Center.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Looks good on him.

Can't stand athletes who think they're entitled to dictate where they play, before they've had a second of playing time. Didn't like it when Elway, Lindros, and Eli did it, and Justin bloody Schultz sure doesn't rate a pass.
Didn't turn out too bad for those guys....Two legends and one 2x Super Bowl champion.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Why wouldn't I be? This site tries to make it seem like Anaheim's fanbase is a bunch of uninformed Californian suburbanites who have nothing better to do than barely pack Honda Center.

Honestly, it's a far more understandable mistake than some are suggesting.

Nick Schultz wore 15. Justin wears 19. Maybe over the television you shouldn't be making that mistake, but live at the game? I think a few boos can be explained. The embarrassing thing here is trying to focus on that mistake while your organization flounders and has continued to flounder for going on, what? 8 years?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the thing that ticks me off the most about the way schultz handled himself with the ducks is the fact that he straight lied to bob murray, scott niedermayer, and bruce boudreau telling them that he was going to play for the ducks before he went against his word

if he had at least informed the ducks that he had no desire to play there, they could have at least maybe received something in return for him. it just shows the kind of person he really is which is why the fact that he's struggling on one of the worst franchises in pro sports is such a treat

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Didn't turn out too bad for those guys....Two legends and one 2x Super Bowl champion.

My point being that it was wrong for those three runaway #1 overall picks to do it, and it was certainly wrong for a promising prospect as well.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't think that's the embarrassing thing here.

Yeah, the billion Oiler bash threads, and the people who continue to wish the Oilers continued agony are what's embarrassing here.

Don't get bent out of shape if you guys are going to take some heat for booing the wrong damn player when falling over each other to take shots.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Fowler was far better defensively at 18 and 19 than Schultz was when he entered the league. He wasn't as good as he is now, but he did suffer from inept d-partners.

And don't forget, in those first two years, Anaheim didn't score as much at even strength. People forget that plus/minus isn't just a defensive stat.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The tale of two Badgers...

Who's worse right now, Schultz or Gardiner?

Ryan McDonagh is the best of the bunch. Includes Brendan Smith as well.

You could add Smith to that as well. For Buffalo's sake I hope McCabe works out.

I only mentioned Schultz and Gardiner because they are best friends (or at least were when playing together).

I remember the threads on the Leafs board where it was claimed the Leafs would have an advantage in signing Schultz because of that.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
You know as a Oiler fan this place has really become toxic, It's bad enough we are a horrible team, but every day when one comes here all we get to hear how awful our coach, players, and management is. WE KNOW THESE THINGS, DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED EVERY FRICKIN DAY! THX!

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
the thing that ticks me off the most about the way schultz handled himself with the ducks is the fact that he straight lied to bob murray, scott niedermayer, and bruce boudreau telling them that he was going to play for the ducks before he went against his word

if he had at least informed the ducks that he had no desire to play there, they could have at least maybe received something in return for him. it just shows the kind of person he really is which is why the fact that he's struggling on one of the worst franchises in pro sports is such a treat

Exactly right. If he had told them soon after the excitement of draft day died down that upon reflection he really didn't want to play for them, something could have been worked out. Instead he flat out lied to several very important people at all levels (players, coaches & management) & let them think everything was fine & dandy until it was too late to do anything.

The schadenfreude from this is well earned & isn't going to go away any time soon.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Honestly, it's a far more understandable mistake than some are suggesting.

Nick Schultz wore 15. Justin wears 19. Maybe over the television you shouldn't be making that mistake, but live at the game? I think a few boos can be explained. The embarrassing thing here is trying to focus on that mistake while your organization flounders and has continued to flounder for going on, what? 8 years?
Nah it's kinda embarrassing and funny at the same time. No big deal but worth a laugh. No one will remember this in a couple years.
You know as a Oiler fan this place has really become toxic, It's bad enough we are a horrible team, but every day when one comes here all we get to hear how awful our coach, players, and management is. WE KNOW THESE THINGS, DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED EVERY FRICKIN DAY! THX!
Tip: don't come. It's just normal that a hockey forum reflects what happen in the NHL.

Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad