Prospect Info: Justin Schütz (2018, #170 overall), EC Salzburg (IceHL, Austria)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
He did well enough in the Czech U18 league and he was a German captain at the U18 D1A apparently??
He is a honorable mention on a couple really deep draft lists but this feels extremely random.

Random note: he has the same birthday as Denisenko. If he makes it they can celebrate together!

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Played in the DEL as a 19-year-old — only 2020 Draft eligible forward John-Jason Peterka (8th CS final rankings) was younger in the EHC Munich lineup.

Some positive reports on his play in the U20 World Juniors as well (four assists in seven games with an edge to his game).

Any talk of him coming over in the future? He was drafted in 2018 so the Panthers still have two years to sign him.

Reactions: harv33173

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Played in the DEL as a 19-year-old — only 2020 Draft eligible forward John-Jason Peterka (8th CS final rankings) was younger in the EHC Munich lineup.

Some positive reports on his play in the U20 World Juniors as well (four assists in seven games with an edge to his game).

Any talk of him coming over in the future? He was drafted in 2018 so the Panthers still have two years to sign him.

I watched a lot of the world juniors this year, and I report he did really well. Definitely exceeded expectations.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
How much longer will Posts dissapear, a German Player in Florida make my Day. don´t expect much but good for him. Lets see what comes out.
I miss Goc. Him and bergenheim made my favorite combo for a panthers third line a couple years back

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Playing in the Alps League on loan currently.

As with any late round pick he's a long shot but with the influx of players from Germany in this past draft I was curious about Schutz and his potential.

Yet to sign an ELC: Panthers have until the end of next season to sign him.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Profiled by former Atlanta Thrashers scout Bernd Freimüller:

Pro: Mobility, agility, first step. Keeps his feet moving.
Con: Lack of orientation, often skates into traffic and can't get out of it again. Hockey sense and physis. An "in-betweener": neither a great scorer nor a physical player.
States as of now: Average in the Austrian league, AHL/ECHL borderliner.
Three-year prediction: Would need a big leap in performance to get an NHL contract. Rights expiring in 2022. DEL is more likely.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
He needs to take his production to next level. It is not good enough for someone drafted two and a half years ago.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Update: Schütz has gone on a scoring spree lately. After he had 10 points (2+8) in his first 21 games for Salzburg, he scored 6 points (3+3) in the last four games. He's returning to Germany now, let's see how he does in the DEL.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Funny, did not know that Jack Skille is playing on Schütz' Salzburg team as well, as stated in the article just below Schütz' evaluation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad