Justin Pogge?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by leafaholix*, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

The only reason I start a thread on him is because I noticed there's quite a few Prince George fans/residents on HFBoards.

Can anyone give me a little information and thoughts on this guy?

I have his numbers, I'm just looking for some information on his game.

Thank you.

2. HabLover

HabLover Registered User

Home Page:
    Big tender obviously, may have played a bit over his head last season, but I guess we will all see this coming season if last year was a fluke or not?? He will be the #1 guy no doubt this coming year and we'll see what he does with it. He beat out Maple Leafs prospect Todd Ford for the #1 job halfway through the year and was the reason he was traded to Vancouver. Maybe Pogge can do the same a few years down the road in the AHL or up with Toronto? He went head to head against Dubnyk a couple of times this year and came out on top. Myself, I couldn't tell the difference between Dubnyk and Pogge, other than Dubnyk playing in the league as a 16 yr old. Pogge seemed to have a stretch of letting in bad goals last season, but with a season under his belt he should overcome that no problem. He can handle the puck very well and should only get better, like a Martin Brodeur one day.

3. I find it quite ironic that Pogge got drafted by Toronto after he took the Cougars starting job from Todd Ford, a 2002 Leafs pick who recently signed a contract with the team.

4. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

Yeah, Rand seems to think that's very funny as well.

I guess the scouts were over in Prince George watching Ford play and Justin caught their eye. Anyways, thanks for the info HabLover... more info would be appreciated, from different perspectives.

5. Puckz

Puckz Registered User

Home Page:
    Having played against him I would have to say he is a very smart goaltender... good glove hand, moves well and covers his angles... very hard to beat when he is on his game... perhaps a little lanky right now, will fill out eventually though... honestly I believe that he went right about where he should have, not under or overrated. Solid pick for the Leafs.

6. monster_bertuzzi

monster_bertuzzi registered user

Home Page:
    Tall and lanky. He got lit up by Brule and the Giants the only time I saw him play live, but he plays his angles to near perfection and is rarely caught out of position. As mentioned, needs to mature and fill out until you can get a read on his full potential as a pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.