Justin Faulk (Carolina)

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I was really into him heading into the WJC tourney. I'm not as high as I was, but I think he's still a solid prospect.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
most Canes fans are sky high on him right now. The only real negative you'll see anyone that follows the team say about him is that he's "not of ideal size", but there would probably be no chance in hell of getting him in the 2nd if he were 6'2/6'3 with his game rather then 5'11/6'0 range. And he's solidly built anyway so it won't be an issue.

He has a very heavy shot, though that's something that prettymuch everyone knew heading into his draft. His defensive game is better then advertised though and he was probably the best US defenseman at the WJCs this year, though sadly that's not saying too much. One thing I have noticed throughout the year is that he's much more well polished then McBain was at this point in his career. He's more physical then his size would indicate, something that will hopefully translate over to the NHL level.

Not sure how he projects to the NHL level. Smaller offensive guys are hard to project but Faulk plays a solid enough physical and defensive game as well that he should be able to make it in some capacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->