Proposal: Justin Braun to Flyers

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
YES...Braun to the Flyers needs to happen.

Flyers defense (as a whole) is as bad as their goaltending

Simmonds + Hagg for Braun + 3rd

Not sure what San Jose's needs are...How far off am I?
Very, very off.... value wise at least.

If Philly is trying to dump Simmonds so they don't have to pay him 7M on his next contract it would make more sense. Simmonds as a player is a lot better than Braun

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Sharks have a “spare” 3C in Tomas Hertl and Joe Thornton (assuming Pavs is our 1c currently). Realistically, we need a good top-6 coming back. It’s more about the player than the position to be completely honest. The bigger problem with Toronto’s offers is that they clearly want our player but don’t want to give up anything of substance to acquire him. But honestly, that’s Toronto. They want to talk about how their bottom-5 in the league defense is made up of 7 top-pairing guys, and their bottom line is bona fide top-6 players if given a chance.
Hot take. Uninformed Toronto posters will offer flame trades, not everyone. Braun is good dispite losing a step (May have just been worn out from alot of hockey) but in this trade instance would not be worth frost++. Philly is too high on a guy that has all the earmarks of a Giroux replacement in 3 yrs.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Hot take. Uninformed Toronto posters will offer flame trades, not everyone. Braun is good dispite losing a step (May have just been worn out from alot of hockey) but in this trade instance would not be worth frost++. Philly is too high on a guy that has all the earmarks of a Giroux replacement in 3 yrs.

TBH I like the Simmons for Braun trade proposed by OP. I wouldn’t give up young guys for a 31 year old vet that doesn’t nessicarily fit the rebuild. But that’s where I think Simmonds is actually a nice fit for this trade. He is running out of time in Philly due to his age, helps us at forward, helps you at defense, while still keeping both teams young core intact. Good hockey trade IMO.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
TBH I like the Simmons for Braun trade proposed by OP. I wouldn’t give up young guys for a 31 year old vet that doesn’t nessicarily fit the rebuild. But that’s where I think Simmonds is actually a nice fit for this trade. He is running out of time in Philly due to his age, helps us at forward, helps you at defense, while still keeping both teams young core intact. Good hockey trade IMO.
I posted this on the first page but I think something like Simmonds+Hagg for Braun+Karlsson would work great

Reactions: CapnZin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I posted this on the first page but I think something like Simmonds+Hagg for Braun+Karlsson would work great
That sounds like a decent trade to me. Valuation seems to be good. Marginal differences in value which is only stipulated on the contract situation of Simmonds.

Good counter proposal!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That sounds like a decent trade to me. Valuation seems to be good. Marginal differences in value which is only stipulated on the contract situation of Simmonds.

Good counter proposal!
There are a few things that I'm not sure about for either team. I know that Philadelphia has lots of players coming up so I don't know if they will want Karlsson but the Sharks have to include him for cap purposes. I also don't know how the Sharks organization views Radim Simek and if they think he can fill in as a 6/7 D.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
There are a few things that I'm not sure about for either team. I know that Philadelphia has lots of players coming up so I don't know if they will want Karlsson but the Sharks have to include him for cap purposes. I also don't know how the Sharks organization views Radim Simek and if they think he can fill in as a 6/7 D.
Hagg is you poor mans Dillon lol. He will slot in on most bottom pairs in the league. He has NHL talent, just not an Eastern conference skill level. He plays Western style hockey.. so SJ would get more use out of him.

Melker Karlsson most likely wouldn’t last on this team for long. Losing simmonds definitely hurts, but Karlsson is a good B6 stopgap for players like Frost, Rubtsov, Farabee, O’Brien, and such. He can still slot in the 4W/C role as players like Simmer, Raffl, and Weise leave in case they aren’t ready.

Braun coming in at the expense of Simmer and Hagg is something of need too. Some flyers fans may not be happy letting our only 2 sources of decent grit go away, but Braun rounds out the T4 this year. He can slot in as a good #5 in the years to come.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Sorry, was looking at the 2nd proposal, my mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad