Justice League, The Snyder Cut (2021)

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I'm actually a big fan of Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and 300... so I'm willing to give this movie another go.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I guess with COVID impacting the creation of new films this kind of thing makes sense, you can put out a "new" movie from the editing department. But I still can't imagine this being any good.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
The difference for me between Marvel and DC is I’ve never really cared about the DC characters. I can’t get attached to them.

Reactions: tacogeoff

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Expectations real low. Even if it’s good, wouldn’t that just mean DC is inept at building a coherent film-universe if they’re cutting out all this important material?

If word of mouth says this is awesome and must-see then I’ll watch it. I don’t know how they’re going to fix a really lame villain that God/Superman ends up beating at the end of the movie anyway.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I guess with COVID impacting the creation of new films this kind of thing makes sense, you can put out a "new" movie from the editing department. But I still can't imagine this being any good.

It's still going to cost them 30 million+, but HBO's hope is that it'll entice people to sign up & pay for HBOMax.

Side note - it was awesome to have Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah in the trailer. Love that song.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't know if this will necessarily be any good, but WB is giving the fans what they wanted. There was a huge push over the last few years to release this cut.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
People getting excited for this is a waste of energy. Like yeah I'm curious but there's no way it'll be that much better.

DC does seem to be doing some interesting things finally, with Reeves' Batman and the Flash movie bringing back Batfleck AND Michael Keaton to play Batman (assuming they're doing something like Flashpoint so I bet Pattinson will end up in that too).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I want to get interested in this but then I remember Snyder is the same guy that made Batman V Superman and I just don't care anymore.

Thing is, for me, that I was first introduced to Superman and Batman comics that were published in Finland as kid by my cousin. Marvel (FF, Hulk, X-Men came a couple of years later). So I was more or less raised by Curt Swan's Superman stories from the 70's and early 80's. Reeves Superman in Superman The Movie is closest to that though it doesn't fully stand the test of time (that helicopter scene though...). Tyler Hoechlin in Supergirl and Brandon Routh in Crisis Crossover event have also been to my liking. Cavill didn't click until the very end of Justice League. A movie that didn't work too well otherwise. I though Snyder didn't understand Superman at all in MoS. The way Jonathan Kent died insulted my intelligence since him dying of old age or cancer or whatever taught Supes that humans are mortal and he can't save everyone. So it's not that I don't want DC to make good movies, it's just that they don't feel like the characters much to me.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
To be fair, this is a long format, and the BvS extended edition is a significant improvement of over the original cut.

I’ll take your word for it.

I paid to see the movie in theaters. You couldn’t pay me to watch an even longer version of that piece of shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00