Just wondering....

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I was talking with my wife a few minutes ago, mentioned that Vanek scored, the game is tied, and the Buffalo was outshot 15-4. She said, "Who cares? All you do is complain."

My response was that I want to see Vanek lead the league and the Sabres to end up with the 1st overall pick. "And the way things have been going," I told her, "those two things are not mutually exclusive!"

So, in terms of the topic of 'just wondering', is anyone else having the same sort of feeling as I am?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not sure if i agree that I want it to happen, but your post is very accurate.
Let's say vanek doesn't go off for 10 pts combined against the flyers and bruins and doesn't score that last second goal against montreal...we would have a whopping one win this year

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
I'm not sure if i agree that I want it to happen, but your post is very accurate.
Let's say vanek doesn't go off for 10 pts combined against the flyers and bruins and doesn't score that last second goal against montreal...we would have a whopping one win this year

So without their best player, the Sabres might not have won as many games? You don't say.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I want to see Vanek (and by extension, Hodgson) have an insane year, but I want the overall team to suck enough to make some meaningful changes and have a high pick.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Unfortunately, this team will never be bad enough for the first pick nor good enough to contend. They're slowly racing back toward mediocrity.

BUFSABES1981

Apr 11, 2011
no. It's just stupid to think this team will finish that bad. Root for Vanek and wins. They are going to figure it out defensively here sometime.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I was talking with my wife a few minutes ago, mentioned that Vanek scored, the game is tied, and the Buffalo was outshot 15-4. She said, "Who cares? All you do is complain."

My response was that I want to see Vanek lead the league and the Sabres to end up with the 1st overall pick. "And the way things have been going," I told her, "those two things are not mutually exclusive!"

If Vanek plays so good he wins the Art Ross, I'd want the Sabres to make the playoffs so he'd get the votes he'd deserve for the Hart.

Also, I know this might annoy people as I keep mentioning it, but the one thing I don't like American pro sports is how they reward you for being bad.
I despise Pens and Oilers etc., and I fully respect teams like Detroit and NJ.

That said, the truth is being bad pays off way more than being mediocre here.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
If Vanek plays so good he wins the Art Ross, I'd want the Sabres to make the playoffs so he'd get the votes he'd deserve for the Hart.

Also, I know this might annoy people as I keep mentioning it, but the one thing I don't like American pro sports is how they reward you for being bad.
I despise Pens and Oilers etc., and I fully respect teams like Detroit and NJ.

That said, the truth is being bad pays off way more than being mediocre here.

.....because then it gets pointless....the good teams get better and the bad teams get worse. Who wants to watch a league when only about 4 teams have any chance of winning?

Puddy

Oct 24, 2002
parts unknown
Visit site
Remember that the draft lottery rules were changed this year, so all non playoff teams have a chance at the first overall pick. It used to be that the lottery winner could move up a maximum of 4 spots. Now the team set to draft at spot 14 can win lottery and pick first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad