Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Get rid of Hitchcock right now. Let one of the assistants run it for the rest of the year. The game has passed the old man by and his negativity is toxic.

What good would that do? We are out of it anyways, changing coaches twice would probably make things worse. Let him ride it out and hire someone in the offseason.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Where do you go from here? Coach and GM have been fired.. jerseys being tossed again.

This organization is toxic..

I wouldn't be shocked to have a new GM in place so the cowards left in management have someone to hide behind again.

Reactions: Jet Walters

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So, how bad does this need to get before Katz will take running this team seriously for the first time ever? Or is there no low low enough for that?

He has to be a bit concerned about the expensive seats all being up for renewal. No more allure of the new arena. Now everyone knows that you can still have a trash team that isn't worth watching even with a generational player.
For the first time in the Katz era, this team has run out of hope to sell. I’m curious to see what they do next. Might be the right time to sell.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Talbot will win a Cup a year from now for some other team Schultz style lol.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Get rid of Hitchcock right now. Let one of the assistants run it for the rest of the year. The game has passed the old man by and his negativity is toxic.
Yeah I'm done with him too. Tired of him buttering the team up and telling everyone this is the hardest he is ever going to coach. Go back to retirement.

Reactions: frag2 and EagerPug

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Caggiula staring at someone on the Oilers' bench after his goal:

4pvPDaQ.gif

I'm guessing it was Hitchcock.

Oh for sure it was.

Look at the eye level.

Players on the bench are usually slouched so their eye level is pretty much at the height of the boards. Cags is easily staring 6 feet above that.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
What good would that do? We are out of it anyways, changing coaches twice would probably make things worse. Let him ride it out and hire someone in the offseason.

Keeping him will make it worse.

Hitch is a fine coach when things are going well, if it nose-dives (as it has in the last 20 games) he's the last person you want around young players.

He is toxic when things are going bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How can a team 2 games under .500 still be 3 points out of a playoff spot in February? This team is dumb. Teams in front of us need to stop sucking.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->