Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Nicholson needs to feel the heat. I guarantee you right now he is up in Katz ear about character as being the main problem. Its not character you **** nut. Its talent. Its terrible contracts, its your scouts and upper management that you are overseeing. Every single one of them is bad at their job. Including you. You have had 4 years to evaluate this farce. You sir are an embarrassment to all Vice chairmens. You fake farce.

You can't even stumble your way to such a bad situation from what you were handed on a golden platter. You and Chiarelli are an embarrassment. You should be called out. You disgraceful prick.

its because of you , Chiarelli was able to sabotage this team before he left. The contracts and trades were allowed by you. You POS.
This is Classic and needs to be posted somewhere more public.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
According to statements from the Oiler players, Cags was a very popular guy that they all loved, saying he worked hard, was fearless and had some talent. Oh well, better to get some useless tool on a bigger extended contract, that you can sit out the rest of this year and the next. Mind blowing move.

Yeah, the impact isn't as high, but in its own way the Manning/Cags trade was as dumb as the Hall/Larsson, or Eberle/Strome deals. It is simply shocking how you can lose literally every major trade you've ever made in your entire GM career. You would think through simple blind luck, that you'd get at least one of them right, lol.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I shut off the game at about that time. Did he come back to the bench or offer any comments post game?

He never came back to the bench at any point. I can't disagree with it either. That's a team bench, and this isn't a team. The team abandoned Talbot and he responded in kind. 2nd time its occurred now.

I'm not blaming Talbot for this though, the org did this to him. Its what we do to goalies or any player that cares too much. I like as well that Talbot is exhibiting this type of emotion.

Talbot wasn't interviewed post game.

I think people are making stuff up again. Maybe Nurse punched Talbot too..;)

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think its pure fabrication that anything was stated. Talbot skated right to the dressing room, didn't even look at anybody.
obviously nothing confirmed but it looks pretty clear like he was looking over hitch's way and likely said something. i mean the fact that he was so pissed that he never returned makes it more likely he did say something. it's a fair bet he probably said something.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
obviously nothing confirmed but it looks pretty clear like he was looking over hitch's way and likely said something. i mean the fact that he was so pissed that he never returned makes it more likely he did say something. it's a fair bet he probably said something.

Its the 2nd or third time THIS SEASON Talbot has done this after being pulled. Its no big news, I've seen other clubs goalies do it too.

Talbot has reached the point where he looks done with this club and does not have the faith in the team in front of him. That he's lasted this long is probably credit to him. No goalie lasts here for very long.

For all we know he was saying to Hitch that the officials had got the call wrong and that he was interfered with. If anything, that's what he would be continuing to communicate. Could even be one reason why he was pissed.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Its the 2nd or third time THIS SEASON Talbot has done this after being pulled. Its no big news, I've seen other clubs goalies do it too.

Talbot has reached the point where he looks done with this club and does not have the faith in the team in front of him. That he's lasted this long is probably credit to him. No goalie lasts here for very long.

For all we know he was saying to Hitch that the officials had got the call wrong and that he was interfered with. If anything, that's what he would be continuing to communicate. Could even be one reason why he was pissed.

I’m actually surprised he hasn’t gone full Fasth yet.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I have no idea why this organization signs a guy to a lucrative long term deal and then refuses to play him. Buyers remorse already? Unbelievable.
This one should be on Nicholson. The Senile goof approved this signing. No way Chiarelli can complete a trade without Nicholson signing off on it if he was about to be fired.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m actually surprised he hasn’t gone full Fasth yet.

Talbot did it a few times with Klefbom in particular last season. I think it was when the worm turned for him and the first time here he was ever spotted glaring at his D. Talbot has to his defense been very patient here. He knows the same thing that Connor voices in the post game interview that talk is cheap and that the team on the ice checks out regularly. Theres no point melting down on the ice given only McDrai and Nurse even seem to care.

Larsson has played the entire season like he doesn't even want to be here.

Our core group that cares here is amazingly small.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You’d have more luck quitting smoking than it quitting the Oilers.

A Drai trade would finally accomplish that for me, not that I'm tempting fate or wishing for it.

I have to say though that most of my viewing is trainwreck observation rather than cheering this year. Theres few games now that get me behind this team. I like McDrai, Nurse, a few others. Its hard to like the team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everyone on this team looks like they’ve checked out at times, including those three players you mentioned.

It’s hard to care when you know your GM is an idiot and you’re playing on a no skill roster.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Man, the atmosphere leaving the arena last night was odd. Just these overbearing sense of apathy and despondency. The fan base is really starting to turn and I’d love to know how those season ticket renewals are doing.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A Drai trade would finally accomplish that for me, not that I'm tempting fate or wishing for it.

I have to say though that most of my viewing is trainwreck observation rather than cheering this year. Theres few games now that get me behind this team. I like McDrai, Nurse, a few others. Its hard to like the team.

Running out of things to cheer for as an Edmonton sports fan these days.

Reactions: nabob and DerpMorg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Man, the atmosphere leaving the arena last night was odd. Just these overbearing sense of apathy and despondency. The fan base is really starting to turn and I’d love to know how those season ticket renewals are doing.

The Oilers could lower ticket prices by a bunch to maintain that ticket base and still make substantial profit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everyone on this team looks like they’ve checked out at times, including those three players you mentioned.

It’s hard to care when you know your GM is an idiot and you’re playing on a no skill roster.

Remember my comments around the Cologne game where I mentioned Drai was looking pensive, wistful, sad to be leaving Cologne and the upcoming season?

Drai even stated how much he missed Cologne, Edmonton isn't like that, etc. But more the case I think Drai sensed what an enormous amount of work this season was going to be and hat ANY performance by him wasn't going to be enough.

I can't even imagine what McD is thinking. I suspect both are having to talk to friends and family a lot to recharge their batteries. The pay is good, but for competitive spirits the circumstance here is a nightmare.

No way I could to this. I would have had meltdowns by now. heh, that's honest hey? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad