Not open for further replies.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
The swift turning of legal machinery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-nhllockout-agents&prov=ap&type=lgns

NHL's complaints forwarded to labor board's legal counsel
By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer
June 30, 2005

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- The NHL's complaints to the National Labor Relations Board, accusing the players' association of threatening to decertify agents for representing replacement players, have been forwarded to the board's legal counsel.

That decision was made this week because the case has national prominence and could set a precedent in labor matters outside of hockey, Elbert Tellem said Thursday. Tellem is the assistant to the director of the board's New York City regional office, where the NHL filed two complaints in April.

I know, I know, this won't have any real effect other than to tick off BG more than he already is.

I wonder if the league will let this go forward once a deal is inked.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
kdb209 said:
The swift turning of legal machinery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-nhllockout-agents&prov=ap&type=lgns

I know, I know, this won't have any real effect other than to tick off BG more than he already is.

I wonder if the league will let this go forward once a deal is inked.
Does the league have any control over this though? My thought was once the complaint was filed, it was moved through the system without the league having any involvement in it.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
this is legal stuff that was thrown into motion just to cover all the bases IF a deal wasn't reached...if they reach a cba, all this other stuff will just get dropped.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
The NHLPA drops its bid to be certified as a union in BC upon the request of the NHL, yet the NHL keeps this ******** going?? I hope this isn't the NHL pushing this thro the labor boards.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Did tHe PA just recently drop their cases? In light of a pending deal. Since they had accepted a cap in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad