Just sold my car, help with a new one

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I just sold my awesome Countryman S for $10k, which was 1k above KBB (even though I had to spend that much to get the check engine light off for a stupid effin sensor)

I am stuck between a commuter car that's a bit of a cool sleeper, or a smaller size 4x4 like Ford Ranger or Suby
Right now favoring the 2 door coupe/hatchback hybrid style, which pretty much just narrows it down to a Scion TC or Acura RSX (or a Mini which I dont want again lol)

How does the rust look on this 06 RSX with 150k? If I can get something for under $3k that I think is cool enough and could serve me solid for 3/4 years I would be pretty content

00505_dadt0SBWhHp_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I also talked a dude down to $5.5k for a 2015 Scion TC with 75k on it, WAY under KBB. Except it needs an AC compressor and a moonroof motor repair (which would be really expensive). I am also not a fan of gettign a car in the MI/OH region because car is wear is so damn bad, so I devalue that a lot, however it is where I am right now so it is what it is. It would already be in my hands but he couldn't find the title lmao

So would appreciate any thought or input
Cheers

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I mean, it *looks* like surface rust, but obviously I'm not there and you can't really tell from a pic on the net.

If your choice is the TC versus the RSX, I'd go for the RSX every time assuming it's mechanically sound. Used to have an 02 model. Loved that car. Just a great combination of quality, value, practicality and fun.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For 3-4 years, sure. That rust shouldn't be an issue. Something else will be though

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Like just generally speaking? Or do you see something specific?

Nothing specific. I don’t know a ton about the rsx mechanically, but i was never a big Acura guy. 15 years old and 150k is a risk, with or without the rust.

The rsx was one of those cars that high school and college kids loved to beat the piss out of. That would be my concern over the rust. You could be fine for another 100k miles or it could explode next week.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Nothing specific. I don’t know a ton about the rsx mechanically, but i was never a big Acura guy. 15 years old and 150k is a risk, with or without the rust.

The rsx was one of those cars that high school and college kids loved to beat the piss out of. That would be my concern over the rust. You could be fine for another 100k miles or it could explode next week.
yeah I am pretty much ruling that specific one out. I found one with 88k that looks super clean for 4.2k. It's an 8hr drive for me though, but found one way airline ticket for 65 bucks. To me that is 100% worth it for something I could potentially have 10 years in that condition.

I mean it's pretty much just a better tuned civic with a little nicer interior. It does keep growing on me

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
yeah I am pretty much ruling that specific one out. I found one with 88k that looks super clean for 4.2k. It's an 8hr drive for me though, but found one way airline ticket for 65 bucks. To me that is 100% worth it for something I could potentially have 10 years in that condition.

I mean it's pretty much just a better tuned civic with a little nicer interior. It does keep growing on me

that sounds like a good deal indeed. Travel is rough. What’s your plan to get it back home safely and legally?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad